Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

A little Valentine decorating in my kitchen

dreamgoddess
13 years ago

I finally finished a bit of Valentine decorating in my kitchen. I tried to mainly use pink, but did add in just a few touches of red.

My Hoosier cabinet is the main candy station. I added in a few prints of vintage Valentines, a Cupid figurine and a cherub candleholder.

I found the hearts for the Valentine garland at The Graphics Fairy blog.

Here's a photo of the whole cabinet.

Here are photos of the island in my kitchen.

The pink heart with the floral picture and the two silver trays are recent thrift store finds.

I used more prints of vintage Valentines and one of my favorites is in the cloche. It was also found at The Graphics Fairy. The chocolate plate and cupcake card holders were all found at Dollar General.

Last is the corner of my cabinet that I posted a photo of it last night showing my "new" gumball machine. Gotta have my peanut M&Ms, so I added some in this corner. The pink ones are the best!

I also have a Cupid or cherub pitcher sitting on top of my fridge, but I forgot to take a photo of it. It's solid white and actually quite large. I found it earlier this week at the thrift store. I think I paid about a dollar for it.

Good thing I took photos last night...almost half of the candy is gone already. I'm just hoping the rest will last until Valentine's Day...but I'm not gonna hold my breath!

Comments (9)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

DG...everything is so lovely!
    You have so many pretty decorations, especially the vintage valentines. I don't think I could keep ANY chocolate candy lasting till VDay if it were out for me to see everyday..that takes some will power.
    Your hoosier is decorated beautifully and the added garland hearts are a nice touch. The vignettes on your island are beautifully displayed and my favorite is the cloche too..it's lovely. I don't usually decorate for VDay..just a few things here and there, but after seeing all your lovely decorations, ...I'm inspired.

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Dream, it all wonderful. I love your cloche too. I really like the plate, cup and cupcakes. Wish we had a dollor general around here.

You printed out some really neat things. Love all the jars of goodies. Pink is always so pretty and the few touches of red are great.

Sounds like Jane is warming up in more ways than one!

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Dream, its all so pretty in pink, with the touch of red ;o)
    I have to say, my very favorite is the vignette in the wood tray. I just love how you set it up.

LOLing at you thinking that candy will last till Val-day.
    Not a chance is my feeling.
    hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Of course you know I absolutely adore all of it, the cloche is my favorite. I saw the cupcakes and chocolate plate just yesterday at DG, very cute. And I admired the Valentines on The Graphic Fairy too. I love the island with all that pink, I think pink is more romantic than red.
    Frou

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I love the pink with just a spot here and there of red - makes such a soft romantic setting. All your vignettes are so pretty don't know which one I like the best. I love The Graphics Fairy - she has wonderful things to download TFS .....

Lynne

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

SOOO Pretty! Love the softness of it and the cloche is just beautiful! I just love the Victorian prints you chose too...the Graphics fairy has some really cool stuff. Just a very pretty vignette all around.

• dreamgoddess
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks bunches everyone! I agree...TGF does have some gorgeous images. I could sit and browse through her blog for hours just looking at the pretty graphics.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

pretty in pink, dream!
    luv that cloche arrangement & all the wonderful graphics & how you've used them!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Wow! You really decorated all over your kitchen Dream. My favorite is your pink cabinet, what a great back drop for your Valentine's items. I agree with all the others have said as well so won't try to retype it all. Great job, thanks for sharing. Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions