Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Valentine China Cabine & Buffet

phonegirl
12 years ago

I'm finally getting around to uploading pictures tonight. I'll start with the old china cabinet and buffet behind the table.

These are on my buffet behind my table. I couldn't get any good photos but wanted you to see the candy heart bouquets. Also my cake taker I decorated with some bears, hugs & kisses.

Hope all of you are having wonderful weather like we are. Can't believe how nice it's been lately.

Punk

Comments (15)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk you hutch looks Beautiful!
    I love the dishes you chose and how you layered them.
    What are the two patterens you used - the ones on the top and the square ones below? Just lovely.
    Love your Silver Set above and those 'Mr & Mrs' hearts are different - are they placecard holders?
    You did such a lovely job on your buffet. It's so festive with all your pretty Valentine decorations.
    I love how you decorated your glass domed cake plate. Those little bears with the hugs & kisses are adorable in there.
    I'm always amazed how you manage to do so much with such a busy schedule.
    Now you can enjoy it all! Lucky you.

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Oh my, Punk...the china hutch is as lovely as your previous table setting. So many PRETTY dishes! Especially the large, square rose ones. WOW.

The buffet is equally as wonderful. But I just went nuts over how you did the cake stand with the bears and hershey kisses!!! I may have to 'borrow' that idea for sure. I keep a bag of the kisses all the time, my own little treat. LOL.
    Allow myself no more than 3 a day. So I have plenty to decorate with. ;o) They just look so neat the way you did them! LOVE that vignette! AND the great berry spray garland along the back. I need that!

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Loving the collection of red & white dishes in your old china closet! Striking!! The layering of those plates & also the addition of the 'silver' accessories! Love it! Like PM, those large square rose ones esp!

And then arrowing down to your next pics, I see that big black flower on the wall...WOW ...I am lovin' that but I can see you using that on your table w/your B&W dishes, too! Pretty! The cake taker is adorable! What really is appealing to me is your addition of the 'silver' here, too! All that red & then in pops something silver! LOve it! Very festive, punk! You're set for Val-Day!!! TFS! Jeanne S.

Day 3 of floor installers...they're almost done & then our work begins...moldings, painting & getting 3 full rooms back into the LR, DR & kitchen! Lookin' good...hope I'll get to decor a lil' V-Day, at least LOL!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jane, the top plates are Churchill 'Indian Tree.' The large flowered plates are Maxcera 'Amour' and the two square red plates are Gourmet Expressions 'Great Room Red.' Red round salad plates are from my Better Homes & Gardens on the table. The Mr & Mrs are stocking holders!LOL

It's not always easy to find time with my crazy schedule. Spent 2 hours last night trying to get an order done and submitted. That really cuts into my fun time. The comments like these keep me going tho. This is how I get away from reality!

Oh btw, I went to Cracker Barrel for the first time and I Loved It! Best stay away from that place!!! I'll have to share my finds when I have time.

Karen, The large plates are the same ones I used for my Pink Breast Cancer table which was one of my favorite tables. Funny how these plates change when used with red.

Glad you like the cake taker w/bears & kisses. Please borrow anything you see. I can only imagine how beautiful your cloches w/red stands would be. I sure hope you do some decorating for us.

We always have hugs and kisses at the office to share with customers. It's great to ask if they'd like a hug or kiss, see their expression and hand over a piece of candy. It's not all work at our office any more.LOL

Jeanne, that big black flower is my new wall decor from Ross. Gift from DD. I'm never going to get that mirror hung so decided to hang this above it. I keep thinking I will find another hutch top to go on it. I had found one on craigslist but had to work and lost out. Would of been perfect.

The cake taker is the one I had that I told you I would share. Seemed like the perfect time to decorate and display it. Most of the time it sits above some of my kitchen cabinets.

I'm so excited to see your new flooring!!! Wish I could come and help you out with all your work. Maybe this will be enough to make me get something done this spring.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments. I had posted my next post and lost it when I hit submit. Now I don't know when I'll redo.Sigh Will be spending tomorrow evening with friends for dinner.

Punk

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Punk, it's all beautiful. But those roses plates just jump right out to me.

Great job, as always!

Creek

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Creek, how sweet, thanks. I was hoping to find 2 more of those plates but haven't found any this year.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, I thought I commented on this. Everyone has said what I would have. It is so festive and cheerful!
    Have the little bears eaten any of the kisses? lol
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Thank you, punk! We're getting there ... floors are down ...a few long pcs of trim by the stairway had to be ordered ...& it will be a few weeks for those to come in & installed. But everything is looking good...we are slowly getting stuff back in & kids are coming over tomorrow later to help move back in the heavy stuff...like the buffet, table, tv center, honkin' heavy tv. Been painting today behind wall shelves in LR & also poly'd some more of the old trim to go back ...DH got alot of the old molding put back on...so it's coming. (& thanks for the offer of help! You're a doll!) ;-) Jeanne S. (I may get a little Val-decor up yet before the holiday!)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Those wine glasses with the ribbon caught my eye. Where'd you find those?

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nana, the bears seem to be leaving the kisses as is.LOL Glad you enjoyed this and thanks for your comments.

Jeanne, sounds like you could have time for some Valentine decor if your not to exhausted from all the work. At least the trim you need is by the stairway. Will allow everything else to be finished, huh? Painitng and polyurethane too, sounds like beautiful things coming together at your home. I haven't been able to paint behind our TV entertainment center. It was custom made and weighs several hundred pounds. If we refloor I may do away with it. It holds so many dishes and knick knacks I don't know tho.

Great to hear the kids will be coming to help out. Might have a little time with gkids too? I'll bet your going to be sooo happy when all is finished.

Share pictures when you have time.

Punk

• Oakley
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I especially like the square, floral plates.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

punk...this is what the laminate floor looks like...this is looking into the dining room (Day 3) of (3-l/2) that it took to finish ...DH has installed the trim since then & kids helped move furniture back in today ...so hopefully will be sharing pics later in the week. Thanks for thinking of me! Jeanne S.

This is looking from dining room to stairwell landing...door is off the pantry & all the middle & bottom shelves removed for floor installer...I will be painting inside it tomorrow...but wood laminate goes all around LR (on right), Dining (where I'm standing to take pic), kitchen(on left) & landing. I am really liking the look of it ...but it's so diff after having light Berber carpet in LR & DR ...& lineoleum in Kitch.

DH & I got our chairs in to LR & TV on rolling cart Fri night to watch tv...this is the floor in LR & I'm painting behind the wood shelves.

Fun, uh? Hope you can get your floors sometime, too! Boy, lots of work tho & we had an installer put floors in...we're just doing the finish work of moldings, painting, etc. etc. ;-)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Oakley, still hoping to find at least 2 more of those plates.

Jeanne, your floor is beautiful! Painting behind the book shelves is going to be a big job huh? It will lighten up your room alot I bet. What color are you painting? It looks great.

So glad the kids came over and helped you today. Hope to see more pictures as you finish up. I think your more excited than your pooch about this project. It's got to be hard on him/her too.

This could be enough to make me kick it in gear. Right now is the time to do it when our business isn't as busy as later on. We will hire it all done since DH has RA. It's just moving all my dishes, china cabs, buffets, etc.LOL

I have another decision to make before flooring. We have a Living Room and a Family Room and I have been debating on turning one into a formal DR. Need to quit being a procrastinator.LOL

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Punk, I really love the way you layered the plates, just so pretty. And the little birds and other silver pieces are so perfect with all the red and pink. I don't remember seeing the ribbon stemware before, those are so perfect for Valentines. And the cake plate with the bears and candy kisses! Too cute for words! Your heart lights and the bead garland really tie everything together, it all looks so nice. Know you will enjoy seeing all this prettyness when you come home from a hard day at work.

Jeanne, what a big job, but your new floor looks so nice and will be so much easier to clean for you too. I think using the same flooring throughout really makes the space look larger too. You have the neatest shelving, did DH make the ones around the tv too? I'm sure your dog couldn't figure out what in the world was going on! LOL

Punk, like you, I keep putting off doing things because of all the stuff that would have to be moved. I think about it and it just seems like too too much work! LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all your comments Luvs. I used the same ribbon stemware on last years table. Family bought them as part of my Christmas gift from the year before.

You are right. I do enjoy the decorations when I come home from work. Sounds like we both need to quit putting things off and move forward.LOL

Hope you are taking care of yourself. Your in my thoughts and prayers daily. Always good to hear from you.

Punk