Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Valentine Cloche

plainjane425
13 years ago

I put this Valentine Cloche together to put on the

Front Hall Buffet..thought I'd share it with you.

I've had this little cherub for ages. It usualy sits nestled out among family photos...The rose flower heart was a gift from DD yrs ago - the Vintage Postcard is part of a collection I have..and the pearls I've had for ages.

This weekend I moved it to a small buffet in the Dining Room...

My 'Romantic Dinner' tonight was - homemade 'Belgian Waffles' and Ice Cream!! Requested by the GKids...how could I say no..DH was okay with it too.

Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day..

Thanks for looking.

jane

Comments (10)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Jane - Your Valentine Cloche is lovely. It sounds like you had a very nice day. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

jane...that cloche is very lovely ...the cherub planter (?) is cute & the pearls compliment nicely w/gorgeous plate & doily. Love the silver pitcher w/roses, too...nice buffet combo.

Your Val dinner sounds good! DH & I had errands today so we ate at Longhorn Steakhouse, a fairly new place, nearby...it was very good & being retired we could eat early afternoon before the supper rush!

Vintage valentine is sweet, too. TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jane, beautiful cloche! I was browsing last night trying to find your table that was posted on the web with no luck. As I went through some of your posts, I thought oh no, I'm missing all of Jane's neat decorations this year.

So glad you came through with flying colors again!!! I have DF's expensive pearls she gave me and this made me think of them seeing yours. I will save this pic so I can work on one similar to show her. So Sweet. Thanks...

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jane, The cloche is so pretty.
    I seem to have fallen for Cherubs lately.
    Your Dinner sounds great.
    The GKids had the right idea!!
    NanaK

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone..
    Jeanne..sounds like you had a yummy dinner yourself!
    I'd take a steak dinner over waffles any day...lol

Marylee..The evening was nice...however, I've been fighting another cold..(what else is new)and since I promised Waffles..I didn't want to let them down. Actually it helped me to focus on something other than my cold.

Punk..so glad this reminded you of your DF's pearls.
    Try to wear them every now then. Don't let them just sit. I wore jewelry Every day when I worked and even in High School and miss that now.
    I know you'll find many pretty ways for them in Vignettes. I'm thinking of another with a white Tea Set I bought last Summer.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. Hope it's soon.

NanaK...seems like we're ALL falling for Cherubs! They're so irresistible. Hope you can share some of yours with us.

jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is so romantic and Victorian, I love it , my favorite style. And your dinner sounds like a real treat.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I love the Victorian style as well! So pretty...I have GOT to get one of those cloches....very elegant looking!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I'm with Marlene, I really need to buy a cloche too.

The white plate you used under your cloche really sets it off nicely and isn't that a doily inside the cloche? How did you get the vintage card to stay put? The little rose heart and the pearls falling from the cherubs hands all look so nice together. I like the vignette with it next to the roses--very pretty. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I absolutely LOVE how you decorated the cloche!
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Ladies...

Marlene.. I had been craving for a cloche too..and last Winter found two that were attached to a wood base with a bird's nest in ea..and at a fraction of the cost I was seeing them for. DH seperated the base from the glass cloche and 'Voila'! 2 for the price of 1 !!

Luvs...yes I put a doily inside on the plate and the card is propped up on a small glass votive..I then rolled tape in front of the card at the bottom, and attached it to the rose heart to keep it in place.

Karen...thank you...I'm glad you like the way it turned out.
    I figured I couldn't go too wrong putting cherubs & roses together and then adding pearls ! lol

jane

Sponsored
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Loudoun County, Virginia
More Discussions