Easter is early this year

minnie_tx
16 years ago

March 23 - Easter Sunday (Western)

Have to get the bunnies out early

Comments (26)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Yes, Minnie you are right. Kathleen had clued us in that we'd have to take our St. Pat's stuff down on the 18th and get the Easter things up quickly. That's okay, I think most of us are eager for some pretty Spring pastel colors now. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Now Luvs, I don't know about me being eager for pastel colors....LOL. But I am anxious to see what all goodies I bought last year on sales. I'm kind of bummed about St Paddy and Easter being so close, wonder how leprechauns and shamrocks would look among eggs and bunnies???? Its rather tempting at the moment, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• gracie-2006
    16 years ago

I do not have many St. Patrick's Day decorations (I am Irish so do not tell!), I was even thinking about getting my Easter out around the first of March so it will atleast be out awhile? Is that too early do you think?

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Oh boy, I didn't realize it was so close. HMMMM... maybe I'll do up my kitchen for St. Paddy's and do my diningroom in my Spring Easter stuff...

The kitchen is smaller and would be easier to undo quickly!

Thanks for the heads up!
    -Jenn

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Gracie, decorating "early" doesn't matter. Its what makes you happy that does. I tend to decorate early often. I want my Easter stuff out as long as possible, so it just might have to get mixed with St Pat's. But who cares, certainly not my DH who's oblivious to things anyway. LOL.
    If it entertains me, and the Brat Cat, that's good enough reason to decorate.
    Jenn your idea sounds very good.

hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Gracie, I don't see a problem with doing it early--might as well get to enjoy the "fruits of your labor" as long as possible. I am doing St. Pat's, but will take it down on the 18th and bring out the Easter things. I just might leave some of the Easter decor up after Easter. I really love all the bunnies, flowers, birds, nests, eggs, (pastel colors--shhh, don't let Karen hear that1) etc. ;o) Luvs

• gracie-2006
    16 years ago

Oh --so do I love the bunnies! I have so many cute ones- I found a pair that sing the old "Easter Bonnet" song from the early 60's, or maybe even the50's. Every time the door opens it makes them sing! Of course, no one entering my home recognizes the melody- but I remember as a child listening to it during the Easter season. I really enjoy bringing bunnies and spring color out- with Easter being early, we need to enjoy it as long as we can- right?

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

I was whining to a friend about Easter so close to St Pat's, but she doesn't get the decorating thing like "we" do here. LOL. She told me to just paint my eggs gold and the leprechauns would be happy.
    hmmmm, maybe she does have a clue.....LOL

hugs, Karen

• tamgypsy
    16 years ago

I too will decorate for Easter right after St. Paddys day and leave it up for a while. Probably all of April most of Easter decor will stay up. I may try to do different tables during that time but the bunnies will have the run of the house...lol

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Yep, Easter is going up the 18th..and will stay awhile...through April...Bunnies and eggs mean Spring, and April is Spring to me!!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

After the long winter months, I can sure understand why those of you who have been covered in snow would want some Spring decor going on! Besides the bunnies are just so cute! Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Kathleen, you are so right. Bunnies, eggs, Spring equals April for sure. And April signals the end of our "nice" weather here till next Halloween usually. Of course since I collect bunnies, I alway some out but they are the more realistic type usually. The cutesy kind I reserve just for Easter, LOL. I bought two tiny ones in Michaels yesterday, along with 2 little realistic looking resin chicks. Only 99 cents each and I couldn't resist.

hugs, Karen

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Ah, spring has sprung at my house. Thanks to the heads up of Easter being so close to St. Paddy's this year, I figured I'd save my St. Paddy's for next year and brought out my 50s lamb planter collection, my Peep garland and a bunch of other things.

With the snow we had on Saturday, the cheerful sheep were needed!

-Jenn

• minnie_tx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

For some reason I have no desire to get out my boxes and start decorating for Easter this year. I did buy a nice round kind of lime green table cloth for one of my tables and a set of five little ceramic bunnies each with a different thing in each paw like a paint brush, pail etc. but as far getting the stuff out? nothing

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Have your spring flowers started blooming yet Minnie? That usually gets me in the mood to put up some decorations.

And it's still early too--hopefully, the mood will strike you by around the middle of March. ;o)

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

I almost didn't decorate for St Pat this time, Minnie. Couldn't seem to get in mood for some reason. Then decided to do the wreath and next thing I knew, I was doing the stacked plates and the bay window. LOL. glad I did, makes me happy. I think I'll be more into Easter tho cause I bought a lot on sales that never got displayed last year, so will be fun to go thru the box of stuff to see what I have now. I imagine this Forum will get you "in the mood" tho. I hope so.
    hugs, Karen

• mary_ruth
    16 years ago

picked up a 'greenery' bunny and I am ready for EASTER! I recycled a small wire basket for him to sit in!
    {{gwi:1412024}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My BLOG

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

What a pretty picture of the bunny, basket and the roses--very nice. Luvs

• marylmi
    16 years ago

Oh, cute bunny and basket! Very nice! We are sure ready for spring here....it's snowing as I write this! Looked for spring flowers at Joanne Fabric but didn't find what I was looking for- of course it would help if I knew just WHat I wanted!!

• gracie-2006
    16 years ago

I love your bunny and the darling basket! WaaLa! A perfect centerpiece or put-about!

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

Mary Ruth, I love your basket and it gave me an idea on what to do with a basket I have in my bedroom but don't use...

BTW, I love your blog with so many beautiful trees! Just ask... how many times does it take for a magnolia to have flowers: I bought one last year and will transfer it from its pot to the ground and don't know how long it takes to grow and to have flowers.

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

That's a great basket, Mary Ruth. And perfect for a centerpiece with the bunny.
    Hope you plan to share more photos here with us.
    hugs, Karen

• mary_ruth
    16 years ago

luvstocraft,
    Thanks! The roses are silk and my DH gave them to me on Valentine's day! He said 'now you can reuse them in your crafts'! What a guy!
    mary,
    SNOWING? I couldn't handle that right now! I want SPRING and the breezes that come with it! And to get my hands in the dirt with plants!
    gracie,
    Voi la! YES, that quick it became a center piece!
    I had the basket from left overs from a model home (my DH brought it home to me with old silk flowers in it all dusty) He knew I could repurpose it! When I saw that the moss was still intact, I took out the flowers, cleaned it up and then found the bunny and put him on his 'pedistal'! What a perfect fit! Just luck!
    purplemoon,
    I hope so too, I do have a Blog now and I have listed Judith's Blog on mine as one 'you must see'. It saves me from posting pictures all the time (different sizes, file types, etc. retyping the text, etc.)
    I have added the link to this post at the bottom. Once you go to my home Blog, on the left side is a link to my projects. Right now I am working on coffee filter roses for upcoming Christmas decor.
    Thanks all for your wonderful comments! See you soon!
    (listing this too: My Home Projects Blog: http://mhprojects.blogspot.com/ )

Here is a link that might be useful: My BLOG

• gracie-2006
    16 years ago

Mary Ruth, OMG- Your Before and After pictures are amazing! Wow! I love your kitchen, especially your chandelier and rug. Your living room mantle is beautiful also! Your door piece is exquisite! Thanks for sharing and keep it up!

• mary_ruth
    16 years ago

Thank you gracie! I appreciate your wonderful comments about my home!

• dining_delight
    16 years ago

Mary Ruth - your before and after pictures are proof of the "power of accessories". You have done a wonderful job decorating your home. I really love that shell shelf, it is just beautiful and something out of the ordinary. I think the greenery bunny is great because it incorporates the green of St. Pat's day and Easter since they are so close together this year.
    DD