Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemydishes

I hail from Ohio

lovemydishes
13 years ago

I hail from Ohio where we have been having single digit weather and 6 inches of ice this week. Our yard is fenced in and the gates have been frozen to the ground so we have definitely been "fenced in". Our mailman climbed over the gate to get to our mailbox today.

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Welcome, from the sounds of your weather, U R Stuck in. That's way to much ice for comfort. May it warms up soon so you can get out if need be. Driving on ice is so scary if you can stay on the road.

Hope you give your mailman a good report to the postmaster and a card of Thanks. That's really going above and beyond to climb over the gate to deliver your mail. There are alot of wonderful people out there and he is one for sure.

Love your forum name. Hope you will come back and share some pictures of your dishes with us!

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Welcome, and like Punk says, love your name. Sounds like this the right place for you to come play with them.
    Also kudos to your mailman, and all the others who brave such weather just "doing their job".

hugs, Karen

• lovemydishes
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Phonegirl and Purplemoon for your welcome to this form. You gals have entertained me for a very long time with your "dish talk" and tablesettings. I have many sets of dishes and do a lot of playing, unfortunately I do not know how to post the pictures. None of the ladies in my family have an interest, but my husband and an adult grandson do enjoy it.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Welcome! I guess the old motto; Neither rain nor snow nor sleet, really applies to your mailman!!

If you have a digital camera, the ladies here can tell you how to post your pictures. They taught me, and I am totally tech challenged! If I can learn, believe me, anybody can!!

The problem is, they are also a bunch of huge enablers!!! I have acquired a large number of dish sets since I joined this group, and I never knew before that I wanted more dishes!! LOL

If you want to learn to post your pictures, just ask and someone here will tell you how to do it.

TTFN,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Hello and welcome from me too. If you have a digital camera and can upload your pictures to your computer, we can help you learn to post some here. Trust me, if I can do it, it can't be very hard! LOL

Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Welcome to you!!! Pullleeeaase keep your snow up there!!
    We have had sleet and snow and ice, and more forcast for tomorrow night into Wednesday.... I don't really mind a day off :^), but I'm gonna' be scared to look at my heat bill....yikes!!!
    Hopefully you will be able to share some pictures with us soon...I am the world's worst to be saying that, but I do love to look at the other's pictures!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Hello and welcome!
    My mailman didn't get here in the storm, but the newspaper man did. Go figure!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions