Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Update

maximavswife
12 years ago

My father went home this afternoon. His pain is over and he is at peace. I am certain my mother was there to greet him and take him on a grand tour. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I was given many gifts in the past few weeks. The greatest gift was the time to spend with daddy. He left knowing he was loved and that we were so proud of him.

Kath

Comments (18)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I don't really know what to say, Kath. My heart is with you, as are my prayers.
    with love,
    Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kathe, I'm sad for you but love the way you stated "I am certain my mother was there to greet him and take him on a grand tour." This made me smile. Sometimes we know when it's time to let go even tho it's never easy. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sharing your sorrow and sending my love. Punk

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Kathe, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know this is so very hard from my own losses. When my mother was s o bad, a friend told me that when her DF was dying that the thought just came to her out of the "blue" that the reason he had to spend the last few days suffering so badly, was to make it easier for his children to let him go. There may be some truth to this, who am I to say it's not part of God's great plan. Prayers and hugs, Janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Kath..
    I'm so sorry to hear the sad news of your Dad.
    When you wrote 'He left knowing he was loved and that we were so proud of him'...
    May 'you' find comfort in knowing this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Blessings -
    Jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Sending hugs and prayers for you Kathe during this difficult time. I'm so glad you were able to be with your Dad till the end and I'm quite sure he's felt surrounded by love both and in the hereafter. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I am so very sorry, Kath
    Your Dad was lucky to have such a loving and devoted daughter.
    He is at peace now.
    God be with you and your family during this difficult time.
    Nana

• trudymom
    12 years ago

Hugs and prayers, Kath.

Trudy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Yes, hugs & continued prayers, Kathe...to you, your family & friends during this time of loss. May you find comfort in some sweet memories & may God hold you in His arms as you get thru the days ahead. Jeanne S.

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Oh Kath, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. We know in our minds that they can not live far ever, but, they do in our hearts.
    It's amazing how many family members we have lost in the past year. But, God knows what he is doing and he has put all of us together to comfort one another.

Know that you are in my thoughts and Prayers. Glad you got to spend the last days of time with him. You will never regret being there for him and it will be comfort to you in times to come.

Hugs and Prayers for you and your family,

Creek

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Kath,
    So sorry to hear your news on your loss, but so happy that you were able to spend the time with your Dad.
    Isn't it wonderful that you know where he is now and can celebrate the life he led and the date of his eternal birth!
    It is always hardest for those of us left behind, even though we know they are in a better place. You have the right attitude and the support of everyone here as well.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

God bless you!!
    Candy

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Kath,
    I tried to email you, but it came back as undeliverable. I was wondering about info on your Dad's service?
    My email has changed to my full name @q.com. or you can call and leave a message.
    Again, my T & P's are with you.
    Candy

• milosmom_gw
    12 years ago

((((Kath))))
    I'm so glad you had the blessing of being able to spend those finals days with him. Love and devotion go a long long ways in bringing peace.
    I'm sad you've now been left with the shaky path of emotions that comes with the departure of our beloved parents (especially), but you are looking at it in the best possible way I think.
    luv and prayers during this difficult time.

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy, I sent you an email. Let me know if you received it.
    Thank you all again for everything. Sadly, due to spring break and over bookings, my youngest son will not be able to be here for the viewing and burial. He takes comfort in having been able to come when his gramps was present and tell him everything he wanted to say.
    Kath

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

God bless you. You are going to have a big space in your chest for a little while, but gradually, the space will fill with the happiest of memories.
    I shall say a prayer tonight for your father, and for you.
    OA

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Kath, no email from you. : (
    Did your email address change?

What was your Dad's name? I will check the obits.
    I think it is much nicer for both of them that your son got to see his Grandfather while he was alive and they both could appreciate the visit.

God Bless,
    Candy

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy,
    Yes, it is kathewithane at yahoo dot com

• maximavswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy,
    I am sure I am doing something wrong. I can't seem to get email to you. My father's name is Jack Edwards. A simple obit will be in Wednesdays paper.
    Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Kath~

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always a blessing to have had such a wonderful Dad or Mom and I'm glad you have lots of great memories of him.