Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Doll High Chair B-4 and after

christmascandy
13 years ago

My 4 yr old DGD wanted a doll high chair for Christmas. DD asked that it be wood, not plastic.

I found a vintage one at a flea market, but it was not in great shape. With some wood glue, bracing, some additions to the back and tray, and paint it turned out pretty cute and DGD loves it.

Here is the before:

After:

I cut a new top for the tray as the original one was too small and looked weird. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture showing that. The new tray is a scalloped shape that mimics the oval shape on the back. I also added the oval shape, which was a plaque from DT, and added the wood balls to the top of the back corners.

Thought I would throw in something that wasn't Christmas or a table, LOL

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (14)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Candy, You did a wonderful job on DGD's doll high chair. I am sure she loves it, especially since Grandma did it for her. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Wow...what a transformation! What little girl wouldn't love that? Great job!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Great B4 and After - Cute..Cute...Cute!
    Your paint 'transformation' is amazing and what a great idea to make the tray a larger size and add those round knobs on the back. Did you use a stencil for the design or was it free hand? I think you did such an excellent job...
    I'm sure your DGD must be thrilled with it.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great recycling! Could have ended up in the scrap pile & now it's an ORIGINAL! (hope you find some tray t'scaping dishes for your DGD, too!) Love the paint job! TFS! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looks great! Very up-to-date colors! She should get a lot of use from it. Jan

• party_music50
    13 years ago

Great find and very cute renovation!

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, How cute!! great job renovating that old high chair. You took it from old and rickety to one of a kind.
    Your DGD must love it.
    NanaK

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Unbelievable! That's the cutest paint job for a little girl's dollie high chair. I think it is a kick that at the age of 4, she's not only requesting a certain item, but the material that it is to be made of too.
    Super job.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You did a wonderful painting job on that. It went from so so to fantastic! I'm sure she will really enjoy using it for a long time to come and when she's finished with it, you can just sit a big plant in it and use it for a decoration. Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

What a lucky DGD you have. The chair turned out sooooo cute, I bet doll-baby is having a serious case of pea green envy.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, what a wonderful makeover! Your high chair for DGD is beatiful all painted with hot pink wht and blk. You even cut out a new tray for it. How special is that! Love it.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is a little girl's dream come true, Candy! What a special GM you are! I can't get over how you painted this chair, its absolutely wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

What a great job you did!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody. You are all so supportive and I really appreciate it!!
    DGD really loves to put all her babies in the chair. Here is the picture of the tray on the chair.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions