Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Saturday is National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day

oldalgebra
12 years ago

I'm having the grandchildren over to celebrate.

For more details, visit my latest posting,

Here is a link that might be useful: Ice Cream for Breakfast

Comments (12)

• party_music50
    12 years ago

Is that *really* a national holiday?!

Your table is so cheerful!!!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You make me want to be a kid again!
    And oh how I've missed all these kind of wonderful tables from you. Glad you're back!

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA, this table will have all the neighborhood kids running over to eat with DGKids! Your table decor is lovely. But your waffles, topped with ice cream fried eggs and a side of bacon is the BOMB lady.So Fun!

I will have to show this to DGD for sure. You are a kick.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I left you a post, OA ...but must say that I really enjoyed you sharing this table! Love the colorful dotted linens, the cone-shaped napkins, & esp the "how-to" menu! Bright, cheery & colorful! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

So darn cute! Left a message on your blog too. Love that you shaped the ice cream like bacon and eggs! Luvs

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone.

PartyM, there seems to be an unofficial EICFBreakfast Day Website that has the story of its origin. Even gives the name of the mother (now a grandmother) who "invented" the holiday. Of course, many an ice cream parlor advertises the "holiday" and has parties and specials to commemorate the event. There's a place in Seattle that has a big party and awards gold cones (silver and bronze too) for the best customer-written limericks.
    Real or not, I just couldn't let this "holiday" go by.

Karen, I'm glad to be back. For one thing, this place is great for the ego. Everyone is so nice!

Jeanne and Kay, thanks for "double posting." That is so nice of you to take the time. I tell myself that I don't care about the number of comments I get, but the ruth of it is, I sometimes feel a little silly with only three or four comments and other blogs have zillions. It does make me wonder if anyone really knows I'm out there.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

OA. I love this table! Just the right thing to see on a dreary winter day. Your grandkids are so lucky.
    If there isn't an EAT ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST DAY there should be!
    Have you thought about posting on Tablescape Thursday or one of the others to get more exposure?
    This table will make me smile all day when I think of it.
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nana,
    Thanks for the kind words.

Actually, I do post on that blog. But the truth is, I'm not very good about leaving comments on other people's blogs, so there's few people who feel obliged to reciprocate. I know this, yet don't leave many comments myself. Still, way down deep in my poor little low self esteem heart, I wish more people would read my stuff. Am I foolish, or what!

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

OA, love it all. It that this Saturday? Are you sure you are going to have enough? With all this advertising you are doing,
    You are going to have a crowd.

Just a suggestion:I read your blog, and wanted to leave a note, but you have to sign in. I have seen blogs were you can just make a comment without having to sign in. Don't know how they do it. B/C I don't know anything about blogs.
    Please don't take offense, you know how people are, if they have to do anything extra, they just pass.
    We all want a pat on the back every once in a while, and you deserve the "BEST PAT" AWARD!!

But, you are very creative and I am sure the DGKS will have a ball as they usually do.

Creek

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Creekdweller,
    Thank you so much. I didn't realize my blog was different in any way. You are so right about making it easy for a person to type a few words. It took me a little time to find the fix, but I think I've got it set correctly now.

Again, thanks for the analysis.
    Happy Ice Cream Day.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

What a fun table and I am impressed with the ice cream eggs and bacon!! That took a lot of imagination and effort.
    Your DGK's are very lucky.
    I didn't set a table, but because of your post, I did eat the rest of my McFlurry from last night for breakfast, LOL!!

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

This was such fun to see!
    I only wish I could have been there to enjoy 'That Kind' of Breakfast!
    Love the linens...cute folded napkins w/names and especially the
    menu! I'm usualy not a breakfast eater, but this one certainly would entice me!
    I'm amazed at your patience in creating the 'fried eggs' and bacon.
    Lots of shaping and freezing, but the end results are perfect!
    I can see by the smiles on their faces that the Gkids loved every bit of it!
    jane

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions