Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yborgal

50th reunion table centerpieces

yborgal
14 years ago

My 50th HS reunion is coming up. There are 4 Catholic HS's in this city and we pretty much knew everybody in the other schools back in 1956-1960.

For that reason, we'ce decided to celebrate with a joint dinner/dance at a local spot.

Each school is responsible for decorating its tables. One of the schools (all male) has decided not to decorate its tables at all. Another has decided to have balloons in their school colors as their decoration.

It's not in my nature to decorate a table this way.

So, we'll do something, but not in such a grand manner as to look like we're showing off.

The tables are round tables, set for 10. As a starter, I'd like to have a clear glass candleholder, cylinder shaped, surrounded by grape ivy . Then maybe some "pretend diplomas" tucked into the ivy.

Perhaps also some wide ribbon going across the table and meeting in the middle under the candle holder.

I didn't mention there's a budget of $10 per table. The candleholders are mine, so those are free.

Any suggestions from the creative members that post here?

Comments (4)

• oldalgebra
    14 years ago

Well, this is probably over-used, but it's free. How about printing out cards at each table that have top events of 1960. I found this on the internet, but I'm sure there's lots more:
    SPORTS
    NBA: Boston Celtics
    NCAA Football: Minnesota
    Heisman Trophy: Joe Bellino
    Stanley Cup: Montreal Canadienss:
    World Series:Pittsburgh
    TOP SONGS
    1."El Paso"...Marty Robbins
    2."Running Bear"...Johnny Preston
    3."Teen Angel"...Mark Dinning
    4.Theme from "A Summer Place"...Percy Faith
    5."Stuck on You"...Elvis Presley
    6."Cathy's Clown"...Everly Brothers
    7."Everybody's Somebody's Fool"...Connie Francis
    8."Alley-Oop"...The Hollywood Argyles"
    9."I'm Sorry"...Brenda Lee
    10."Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"...
    Brian Hyland
    TOP MOVIES
    1. Ben-Hur
    2. Psycho
    3. Operation Petticoat
    4. Suddenly, Last Summer
    5. On the Beach
    6. Solomon and Sheba
    7. The Apartment
    8. From the Terrace
    9. Please Don't Eat the Daisies

1. Ocean 11
      ACADEMY AWARDS
      Best Picture: "The Apartment"
      Best Director: Billy Wilder..."The Apartment"
      Best Actor: Burt Lancaster..."Elmer Gantry"
      Elizabeth Taylor..."Butterfield 8""
      GRAMMY AWARDS
      Record of the Year: "Theme form A Summer Place"... Percy Faith
      Song of the Year:"Theme of Exodus"...Ernest Grant
      Album of the Year:
      "Button Down Mind"...Bob Newhart
      Male Vocalist: Ray Charles..."The Genius of Ray Charles"
      Female Vocalist: Ella Fitzgerald... Mack the Knife, Ella in Berlin"
  • oldalgebra
    14 years ago

This didn't get posted correctly. Print the info on small playing cards. The back of the cards can be one of your school colors and the printed side could be the other colors. You can scatter them around the table top.

• wandaredhead
    14 years ago

If you have an old yearbook or old photos with everyone's picture, copy the picture and use this as placecards.

• yborgal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We'll have gift bags with each person's grad picture on the front and we have a group class picture (8x10) in the bag along with HS trivia questions and lists of some of the "happenings" that took place from 1956-1960.

I believe I'm going to buy some old bound books and spray paint them in our school colors. Then I'll place the candle holder on a stack of 3 books for some elevation.

I found bags of small plastic gold numbers that read "50" and I'll probably scatter them on the table around the ivy.

Any thoughts on how I could improve on this?

Sponsored
More Discussions