Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making a Valentine Wreath

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 19:33

I made a wreath for Valentine's Day using a styrofoam packing circle I salvaged from an electronic device we purchased, a foam valentine kit and other valentine items I bought on clearance after the holiday last year.

I glued and stapled some red glitter wire edged ribbon to a styrofoam packing circle I salvaged out of a box of something we bought.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After finishing the gluing and stapling:

The foam valentines had additional foam sticker pieces that could be placed on the valentines in any way. I also bought a spool of ribbon to make the bow and the samll hearts and sayings at Michaels 90% off after V Day last year.

The final product:

All the heart and saying pieces are glittered and balsa wood. Since it is styrofoam, foam, and balsa, it is very light weight.

I was inspired by a wreath made using vintage valentines that I saw last year.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making a Valentine Wreath

Very sweet!

o

Your wreath turned out beautifully! Love the design! Thanks for showing us the steps you took to make it too.

o

You are such a creative soul!
What a teriffic idea and it turned out beautiful.
I love all the elements you used and the fact that you bought them at clearance prices...Very Sweet!!
jane

o

That turned out wonderful, Candy! I am always amazed at your creativity.

hugs, Karen

"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."
;o)

o

Your wreath is terrific! You really are creative.
TFS, Candy
Nana

o
RE: Making a

Candy, your Valentine wreath is beautiful. Always fun to make things when the price is right! You do such an amazing job making your bows. Love the colors on the ribbon. The pretty red glitter heart in the center states it perfectly, SWEET!

Stay safe and warm.

Punk

o

Very creative, candy! Love that ribbon & how you attached it ...& great w/the valentines & glittery hearts! Lookin' good for Val day! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Really cute wreath, Candy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here