Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Look What Arrived Today!

plainjane425
13 years ago

Karen emailed me last week asking if I'd mind sending her my address because she had something she wanted to send me. I laughed...and told her... that I think I knew her long enough to know she was Not a 'Cyber Stalker' and yes I'd send my address. She had me all excited wondering what she was sending..

Well her package arrived today, and it couldn't have arrived at a better time. I've been fighting a cold for several days, and it was the perfect thing to 'perk me up'.

Isn't he Precious?

He fits in perfectly on the writing desk in my Library..with his cute little book. To the right (not in the picture) are my book cases where I spend lots of time reading... (Now I have company) !! lol

I guess I've been drooling over all the wonderful Cherubs I've been seeing here, that Karen being Karen...wanted to 'share a cherub' with me.

Thank you Karen so much, for thinking of me with such a lovely gesture. With all that's been going on with you and your Dad.. 'your sweet heart' took the time out to bring Sunshine to my day and make me smile!

I will always treasure him...and he will Always be out sitting on my desk as a reminder of you.

jane

PS...Karen has been quiet these past few days.. I emailed her with no ans...I hope all is fine. He dad was in the hospital again (stable) with a Kidney infection.

Praying that all is well.

Comments (10)

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just wanted to add a follow up on this post.
    I sent this out before I read the very sad news about Karen's Dad. I guess my question at the end of my post has been answered.
    When I last spoke to Karen on Sunday evening,
    her dad was stable and they were going to run some tests the next day. I sent her an email yesterday because I noticed she was MIA.
    So please, forgive the fact that I was unaware of what happened before I sent out this post.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

jane...that Cherub is a wonderful "pick-me-up" from our dear friend, Karen. Love him esp because he's reading a book! You found the perfect spot for him, too, jane. Karen will appreciate your posting him...later on, I am sure. TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jane, so glad Karen was able to make your day, sending you this adorable Cherub. He is such a sweet little guy and you found a perfect place for him. Hope you get over your Cold soon.

I'm so concerned about you, Dear Karen. Hope you will take time to come here and let us help you through your difficult times.

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Karen was so sweet to send that to you to make you feel better & because she knew you loved cherubs. He is such an adorable 1 sitting there with his book, you'll never read alone with him & your thoughts of Karen's sharing with you! The library is perfect spot for him with other treasured memories you have on the desk. Jan

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a sweet expression on your little cherub's face! And how perfect he looks on your reading desk too. I know Karen will be so pleased that you love him and that he made you feel better. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jane, The cherub Karen sent you is adorable. She is such a thoughtful person. I didn't know that her Dad was hospitalized. I had a feeling that something was wrong when she wasn't posting. I was afraid her fibro was acting up. My thoughts and prayers are with her during this difficult time.
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

That Karen is one awesome lady, isn't she? Your cherub is adorable.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jane, I loved seeing the Cherub in his new home. I knew he would be happy with another book lover.
    I have his twin brother on my family-room mantel.

I am trying to read posts I've missed tonight, and its a wonderful distraction. Y'all make it easy to comment and
    feel like things are normal for a little while after a very difficult day.
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen...It's good you're visiting here for a little bit to help your mind escape and relieve some stress - (also healthier).
    I'm happy you like where your cherub twin's brother is sitting. He really fits in perfectly.
    I've had to introduce him to the Gkids and let them know that 'he sits here'...if I didn't, I'm sure I'd find him among some of their 'army guys' or Barbies' as I have with some of my other figurines ! lol
    They thought he was cute with his little book..just like me when I sit w/my book!
    As you can see from reading all the posts...Everyone here enjoyed him too..
    Thanks again.

jane

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

It is lovely, Jane.
    I hope all is well there, I have been mia due to illness. Not supposed to be on the puter, leg up with hot compresses.