Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Some Dining Room Val Decor ...Workin' on it Today (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Well, between dog-sitting & still puttin' stuff back from floor remodel project (working on washing all china closet dishes...holey moley!...what a job), anyway, I got a bit of the dining area done...will share more pics when I am finished but here's some for today:

'Valentined' up the vine tree ...added the red stained glass hearts, some more heart garland & an ornament string of red hearts...here's the full tree:

A close-up of the glass red hearts...I have had them for yrs & had ordered them from Tenderhearts catalog:

I'm always on the lookout for these white clip-on birdies...they are so versatile for many holidays:

Here's the string of hearts ornament on top of the tree:

Another pic of the tree right by the buffet:

And the paper book I scored last yr...so sweet, I think:

And another of my boy/girl vintage vases:

Happy Valentine's Day (in a few!) TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (7)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh, I love every single bit of this. Your home has always seemed so warm and inviting. Now, with the new floors (and the freshly scrubbed cabinets!), I bet it is even more than TERRIFIC.

Love the look of the vintage book next to the jar of buttons.

That tree gets prettier with each holiday.

I know you must be tired, but as my mom used to say, "It's a good tired."

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, it's all beautiful. Your tree is so pretty. I've never seen those little birds while shopping but they sure are cuties. Your rose pic framed with the candles and goblet look so nice on your shelf.

Frou's heart she sent you is so pretty and I always enjoy seeing it. Speaking of Frou, where is she? The red glass hearts on your tree are so pretty too.

Love to hear you found more goodies. Love it even more that your using them! Your new JB covered bowl was a great find and goes so well with all your other wht dishes. I also love your book, jar of buttons and boy/girl vintage vase.

Will be fun to see TJ, your buffet and dining table all decorated. You must be so tired from all the work you've done lately. Washing all those dishes takes time but is worth it afterwards.

I just bought a little bunny with a cabbage leaf and broke it today. Had DGD here and was trying to clean up in a hurry. I'm going to try and glue the bunny back to the bowl before tossing it.Sigh

I don't know if you remember my twig mailbox. I keep thinking I should bring it in again from the shed and enjoy it on one of my buffets. I use to have it up for Christmas and Valentines day. Hope I didn't donate it.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...it all looks so beautiful!
    I'm amazed you got it done after all your hard work.

Love that Vine tree (still want to make one)
    and how you decorated it with those pretty glass hearts and sweet birds.
    Can I ask how tall is your tree and how wide at the bottom?

Your shelf w/picture and candles looks so nice and
    you know I LOVE the JBros ironstone...would fit in perfectly with the ones I have !! lol
    Nice job on everything and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.
    jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

It's all looking mighty fine! You use your twig tree like I use my little white tree. The red hearts and little white birds are just precious. I'm sure DollBaby is anxious to join the party, LOL Can't wait to see the rest.

Ditto to what everybody else said.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

As always, everything is so lovely. That rose art print is really wonderful framed. And of course I love the white clip on birds. I haven't had luck finding them in white in that nice ceramic (?), tho have some brown ones. Your vine tree is such a favorite of mine, and like OA says, it just gets prettier each time. I am amazed you had time or energy to decorate, but sure glad you did.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

WOW, so much to look at and enjoy. Your twig tree looks great.
    I used white birds on my Valentine tree this year too. Great minds think alike!
    The framed rose poster on your shelf is perfect with the candles and goblet.
    I think the red heart is the just the right accent for the covered bowl and pitcher.
    The paper book is adorable.
    Your boy and girl figurines go with everything!
    Can you bottle up some of your energy and send it to me?
    I'm in desperate need of some.
    Looking forward to seeing the rest of your Valentine decor, and Dollbaby, of course.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks 'Holiday-ers'...I finished up decor tonight so will post on a separate link. Appreciate your comments! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions