Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Valentine Table - Inspired by 'Punk' !

plainjane425
12 years ago

While 'shopping' in my house to see what I had for another V-Table...I spotted a pretty bowl that Punk sent me last Spring. I remember thinking when I received it, how pretty it would be for Valentine's Day.

Sorry Punk, it got stashed away into 'lala land' and I completely forgot I had it - duh -

Maybe it's because I have too much 'stuff' !

I purchased red polka dot plates

last Summer from CTS, and thought they would fit perfectly with Punk's bowl.

See what you think...

Practically the entire tablesetting came from CTS - new and old purchases.

The red heart placemat under Punk's bowl I bought yesterday for $1.49 (should have bought more). The placemats and large white plate and heart plates were purchased a few yrs ago -The Pink Chargers I bought the other day $1 ea..

Red Polka Dot plates - last yr $1 - ALL from CTS!

Flatware - TJM - Heart Stem - from DD last yr.

The Red Polka Dot cake plate - from CTS last yr.

(I put a small cloche on it)

The little cherub inside of it I had..

Thanks to Candy for idea of mounting a small angel on the top with Tacky!!

Hope you enjoyed looking - This was one of the easiest tables I put together - all because of Punk's lovely Gift!

Thanks again Punk !

jane

Comments (12)

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Wow, Wow, Wow!
    This is wonderful. The layering of the plates with the candy heart just looks perfect!
    Between you and Kathleen, I have such CTS envy, I will be a lovely shade of green for St. Paddy's day, LOL

TFS,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It's lovely, Jane! So many people asked about those lacey hearts. I wish they would get them again! I only have 4.
    Love the bowl with the polka dot ribbon, too.
    I got those pink chargers last week, but I paid 1.69! Got green too. You got a deal!
    I feel a trip coming on to the tree. I have some dishes on order, hope they will be in, and I have some returns!
    Thanks for sharing your sweet table and hope you and dh have a lovely day!

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Oh! I want that cake plate. It's great!

The whole setting is just toooooo valentines-y.
    I, too, have CTS envy.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

My message disappeared...so I'll try again, jane...hate those 'implemented error' messages!

That bowl is so pretty w/the ribbon entwined...a perfect centerpc for a Val-table! & love the placemat you found for under it! And you even found foil wrapped hearts to match! Too cute!

Stacked place-settings are so lovely ... so much texture & shape & color involved! Those lacey heart plates are to die for!

Your angel cloche is so sweet sitting on that red dotted cake plate! & your added lil' topper ...thank you, candy! Stemware works great! Just a lovely Val table, jane. TFS & so glad punk inspired you with that lovely gift. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Candy, Kathleen and OA.
    Glad you liked this table.
    Sorry for 'flaunting' CTS - didn't want to make you green.
    Have faith that one might soon open near you. lol

Kathleen.. The ruffled chargers came in a few colors and were reduced to $1.
    I was surprised to see that since the colors they had were perfect for Spring/Easter.
    I don't usually go on a Sunday, but I was in the area and what the heck,
    I told DH if he didn't make a stop, I'd jump out on the road. I'm surprised he listened! lol
    Happy Shopping and don't forget to share what you get.

jane

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Gosh Jeanne...we must have been posting at the same time.
    Thanks for ALL your sweet comments. Funny how most of the things I had
    worked so well with Punk's gift and when I bought those candy hearts...
    I got them way before I thought to do this table!

I'm looking forward to seeing Dollbaby for VDay.
    I'll bet she's loving the new flooring! lol

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jane, you are so welcome. You always have such beautiful tables. The layering is wonderful in this setting. Love the hearts and polka dots you carried through on this table. The cherubs on your gorgeous cake plate is so darn cute.

We had to run phones to our other location after work tonight. We picked up the kids and DGD and went out for a nice early Valentine dinner afterwards. It's late so I better go and check out the other posts.

Happy Valentines Day to you and yours and everyone here.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

EVERY SINGLE THING is soooo neat about this table!! WOW.
    You know I love cloches, and cherubs, so that part was a fav' right off. But Punk's bowl is so perfect with your other pieces and they really enhance one another.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jane, Your 'Punk' inspired table is terrific.
    The bowl is adorable, and the heart placemats are so cool.
    I love the way you layered the place settings, using the pink ruffled chargers accents everything beautifully.
    I gotta get me some of those lacy plates.
    You got some great finds at CTS, I don't get there often sometimes I'm lucky and other times I come away disappointed.

Did I say I love this table?
    Nana

• elmaly
    12 years ago

Perfect for Valentines! I love the polka dot plates!

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Punk...I enjoyed putting this setting together knowing the 'Main Attraction' was that lovely bowl!
    I would have kicked myself if I found it AFTER VDay!
    I know you put in long hours, but I'm glad you got to enjoy and early VDay dinner with your family.

Karen...I agree Punk's bowl was the perfect 'Star' for this table - everything else just fell into place.

Nana...Love your comments on this table!! Punk's bowl set the stage and CTS helped!! lol

elmaly ...Welcome - thanks for your sweet comments too..glad you enjoyed looking.

HAPPY VALNTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

jane

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Jane, Love the white with the red dotted ribbon. Come to think of it, I may have one of some kind I'll have to go look.

It's all beautiful and doll baby looks so sweet in her little tennies!

Creek

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions