Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question please

Posted by marlene_2008 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 17:50

Okay...I must be brain dead, but what does the OT mean in the posts listed here.....just can't think.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question please

Off Topic - means it is not about decorating persay but probably of general interest

o

Aaaahhh...thank you for the info!

o

This is funny, I was trying to figure out who OT is I figured it must mean "Old Timer" & was trying to put a name with it. That is what I get for coming on late at night & tired but can't sleep!! Thanks for clearing that up!! Computer jargon is hard to get used to & then when you think you have most of it down , along comes something new. I noticed a tweet today on TV that had 2(to) & 4 (for) in it. Stay safe & I hope Jane will get a potbellied stove for heat or has a fireplace & firewood close by. Love the pics of birds Jeanne! Jan

o
Brain dead!

I was really brain dead last night! The wood stove & Jeanne's pics were supposed to go on the post about weather!! Sorry!! I love to unwind with this forum!! Always something fun or interesting & is friendly!! Thanks! Jan

o

I'm so glad you asked. It took me a while to figure some of this jargon out myself when I first started Someone posted this great sight they put together. It's a safe site to check out as Starpoo is someone connected with GardenWeb, I believe.
"Forum Acronyms"

And here's a GW link that I've been using for years now. It gives easy directions on how to add links, pics, colored lettering, etc. to your posts:
"GW's How To's"

What I've done is add both of these links to my computer's Favorites. That way they're always just a click away.
Lynn

o

Thanks so much for the links!

o

That site for the acronyms is good. I'd NEVER have gotten this one...
SOB - Scroll On By
or
RTFM - Read The "Freaking" Manual

Those had me chuckling out loud.
hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here