Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

Dining Room Set & Silver

creekdweller
12 years ago

When we moved to this house 17 yrs ago, I told Sug, I want a new oak dining room set. For all those years I have looked and never seen the "one".

I found it on Craig's List. It was and is just what I had imagined. But, I didn't know what kind it was. This is an Oak Thomasville Mission Style Dining Room Set. The table has 2 leaves and two arm chairs, and 8 straight padded chairs.So, it will seat 10. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I did get the guy to come down quit a bit. He said his wife almost had a heart attack. But, Sug said, you have wanted one for 17 yrs. and it is what you want, so go for it..He went and picked it up for me. Had to take his trailer. And it was another one of those hour trips one way.

But, I didn't find it until after Daddy came to live with us.

As I had to turn my dining room into his room, the table and chairs are stored upstairs.

I'll get to use it and put it all together one day, but, I'm not in any hurry for my Daddy to leave.

Sometimes I say, Sug, I need for you to do me a favor, and he will say where do you want me to go now?

I think I MIGHT keep him!!!LOL

Creek

Here is a link that might be useful: Dining Room & Silver Goblets

Comments (6)