Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you had a choice....

Posted by creekdweller (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 12 at 17:24

Out of everything that you collect.

What would be the number one thing you would choose?

Year around it would be Teapots, at Christmas, it would be glass Christmas trees.

And in between, it would be anything I could get my little hands on. LOL

What about you?

Creek

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you had a choice....

This is a tough question, Creek. I've never been much for collecting other than my crystal through the years. Now that I've come here to play with you enablers, I love EVERYTHING I can decorate with. The sky seems to be the limit. I tell myself no more and keep on buying.LOL

This will be a fun post. Thanks for starting it.

Punk

o

My Hallmark Christmas ornaments are definitely at the top of my list, but anything Christmas calls out to me.
Once upom a time, I would have said teapots are next, but now dishes are right up there with them.
I also love music boxes and of course: ALMOST anything golf related. I once was given a golf plaque made out of volcanic ash. Not really my taste, no offense if anyone else here likes items made from volcanic ash! Just not my personal taste.
Also: books on Arthurian Legend, silver and copper items, birdhouses, and fairy figurines.
LOTS of pictures of the DGK's too, so that requires a lot of picture frames. LOL.

OH, and lots of dust bunnies, but that is not on purpose, : ) I would just rather decorate something instead of clean house!! LOL

Looking forward to everyone else's collections,
Candy

o

Gads, this is a tough one. lol
As it is , first and foremost would be my pug "stuff" which I would give up all my other collections before that went if forced to.
Next would be Christmas decor (gonna have to get a second storage building real soon or *gasp* part with something), Chrystal pieces , decor stuff and like Candy, lots of dust bunnies.
Since I'm currently working 6 days a week I don't have much time to play in the decor stuff nor buy any new stuff for that matter...~booo~
Hopefully I can switch gears a bit in the next few weeks as some new guidelines are put into motion , requiring less of my time to be spent there.

o

It would definitely be my crystal baskets.
My DGM had about 10. They went to my Dad when she died.
My Mom and Dad continued to collect them for my sister and me. I really cherish them.
Next would be the 13 Witches I'd have hard time parting with them.
I have more than enough dust bunnies tho and I'd be happy to share them with any one who needs some!
This is a fun post, Creek
Nana

o

I think I am full up on all I collect. I know my house is full. Angels, Noah's ark animals,Norman Rockwell,Nativity sets,seasonal, REAL bird houses, anything pertaining to tulips...I can't think of anything I want MORE of. You know what that means..I need to start a NEW item to collect!!

o

Photos! #1 prized possession!

o

This is a hard one...but I must agree wholeheartedly
with Jeanne...Family Photos are #1.

As far as 'my collections'...it would be Blue & White - and White Ironstone...
many pieces my DM started me off with.

jane

o

I'm not sure; I don't really have collections of anything.

I just wanted to pass on this tidbit: An old friend of mine attended a funeral recently. It was the mother of a mutual friend (the mother collected teacups). My friend told me that the other friend took her deceased mothers teacup collection and kept about 50 for herself and brought the remaining 250 to the funeral and let those that attended take one home.

o

That is a wonderful idea your friend shared...I was to an aunt's funeral this past yr & her boys did that w/her collection of 'angel' statues ...a sweet idea. Jeanne S.

o

I love the idea of passing on collections at the service of a loved one. I would of never thought about this before. Such a sweet way to share with all. Can't think of anyone who wouldn't want a tea cup or angel.

Punk

o

What a wonderful idea for a thread, Creek. I had to laugh at a comment of yours tho....the last sentence sounds SO MUCH like me!!
"Year around it would be Teapots, at Christmas, it would be glass Christmas trees. And in between, it would be anything I could get my little hands on. LOL "

I have way too many collections and came to the conclusion long ago that is what I collect!! But if I absolutely HAD to narrow down my many Christmas things to just one, it would be the Mikasa Holiday Elegance pieces. (white figurines rimmed in gold). As for my every-day things, at this point its probably my horse figurines. I no longer buy whippet/greyhound things and have been selling some of mine actually. (had over 300). And I try REALLY hard not to buy more bunnies, or at least be super picky on ones now. Enough should be enough!!

Neesie, what you said about sharing a loved ones things is a wonderful thing to do at a service!

hugs, Karen

o

Mine started by accident my main one not even sure why.My hubby bought some wood working machines from some people ,there was 2 small oilers ,cans you pump the bottom ,for oil I have over 650 oilers!!!!!!!!!I collect tobacco tins,(dont smoke)lol depression glass pink,green cherry blossom,would like to find more,owls,antiques,crocks,milk cans,I could go pon.

o

Antiques lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here