Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Red, Black and White Chinese New Year Table

kathleen_li
13 years ago

This is my tablescape Thurs table if you care to look.

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chinese New Year Tablescape

Comments (12)

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Kathleen, that looks beautiful and very tasty. I need to try that shrimp! Enjoy the wittle wabbit for 2011. You can trot out your dragon next year!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Very pretty Kathleen!
    I sure wish we had CTS here, but I'll just have to struggle along without one for now. Your table is very striking! I especially like the red envelopes idea!
    The shrimp looks delicious.
    Stay warm.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

kathleen ...I have never seen hydrangeas sprayed painted "black!" ... that contrast with the red satin take-out box is quite dramatic! (& adding the wood chopsticks makes it even more attractive!) Love the black on the white chargers...another contrast! ..& on the teacups, too...pattern looks like a Chinese icon.

Layering is beautiful & am sorry the weather dampened your celebration...but it looks like you had no trouble w/creating another classy t'scape version of Chinese NY! Enjoyed the table alot but the menu sounds so GOOD! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I posted on your blog, but will just add that I thought the idea of the red envelopes was really neat too. I can't believe you found a red satin take out box!

Please give Spud a smooch for me--I hadn't expected to see him again until Easter! LOL

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Kathleen...I commented on our blog and - I'm commenting again..because I WANT TOO ..lol
    Lovely table with a stunning color combination in both your dishes and lovely linens. Those red satin boxes were just waiting for this table!
    Great menu to go along with everything...
    Do you do Take Out??

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Pretty colors on your table. The lion soup bowls are so neat and I really like the blk & wht little bowls.

Jeanne, did you forget about the beautiful black hydrangeas with the wht pumpkin table Kathleen made?

I love all your real and dried hydrangeas you use on your different tables. I planted 3 more last year in hopes of having some one day. I lost one before winter came around so we'll see if the other two make it this year.

Always enjoy seeing your tables.

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Black and red always make for a dramatic table setting IMHO. The little bowls are perfect, love the lacy pattern. I remember those covered bowls with the lions, love them. I have a lot of hydrangas, but have only painted them silver or gold. Your setting is making me crave Chinese. We never ever eat out, DH cooks every night, but Chinese is one thing I can talk him into eating out about twice a year. Well maybe once a year.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Kathleen,
    I left a comment on your blog, but just have to say again how much I like your table setting. It caught my eye from the very first picture and then just got better and better as I scrolled down.

And the food! Too much! You are some fantastic cook.

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Kathleen, are you sure you were a teacher & not a comedian (dragon/scaled back) HEE HEE!

I love the red satin "take out box" for the centerpiece with your black flowers & the fan plates are perfect!

WAHHH, I still want to see the big dragon, spewing flames! LOL

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

...."are you sure you were a teacher & not a comedian"
    I agree with Yacht. I was cracking up over the dragon scales, and spare ribs with silk napkins comment also tickled my funny bone. And then, after looking at your gorgeous red-black-white table and thinking how beautiful it looked...I scrolled on down and looked at your crazy groundhog again and reading about him had me giggling out loud. You sure know how to switch gears from lovely to laughable!
    But best of all, BEST of ALL, is getting to see Spud again!
    The way you ban that poor bunny to jail (i.e. basement) is just terrible. LOL. Since this is the Year of the Rabbit,
    Spud deserves to be present a lot more. I know he would be happy to wear whatever you chose to put on him that would be appropriate for upcoming holidays. Remember....
    rabbits aren't just for Easter!
    LOL.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Kathleen Your Chinese New Years table is great. Using red black and white is striking. Very clever CP. I love those fan plates.
    Sorry about the dragon.
    I think Spud wants to stay out and help you with your tablescapes.
    Dinner looks yummy!
    That Groundhog looks like he could get into some serious mischief!!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very classy TS & love the centerpiece, what a great idea! I read on down & got a kick out of your groundhog, think he was getting worried. You always present food stunningly!! Would make the best chefs blush if their dishes were side by side with yours! Jan

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia
More Discussions