Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

A week late but here is my Valentines

lynnencfan
13 years ago

not a whole lot - never did get a table scape done but have been pretty busy and MIA. This is in my family room where I could enjoy it

My white holiday tree which I will decorate throughout the year. The doll is one of my mothers - we lost her a year ago this month - miss her everyday

I am going to treat this part of my family room as my mantle since I don't have one and change it up seasonally. The rest of the pictures are from that area

close up of my cloche - sorry for the flash glare but wanted to show a close up of the figurine inside - again it was my mothers and now mine :)

Lynne

Comments (15)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, lynne, my very favs is your white glass cloche w/your Mom's figurine! & also your Mom's doll on your faux mantle! She looks like a precious angel doll & so wonderful in your Val decor. My Mom collected dolls, too.

Looks like you will have alot of fun with that white tree! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely Valentine decor, Lynne. I love the bow on the top of the tree, and the angel doll is perfect. It's wonderful you are able to use your Mom's things. You will be able to use your white cloche for every season.
    tfs
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That's a swell idea, using this space in place of a mantel. Your little cloche house is darling as usual. My favorite two things are your mothers figurine and the doll. I love the figurines with the spaghetti trim, I have a few Christmas ones, mainly Santas. I love the little pink pitcher and glasses also.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lynne...your tree is so 'Sweet Looking' and your Mom's Angel Doll is just lovely. Cute idea with the faux mantel. You have many nice things displayed there. I can see it for all kinds of ocassions. I have to agree, that I too love your Mom's Doll and Figurine (love her vintage look) in the Glass Cloche.

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Yep. I'm with the others. My Favorite vote goes to the glass house and the figurine inside. She's so vintage looking. I like the picture inside the wreath, too.
    OA

P.S. Don't you just hate trying to photograph a cloche!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Lynne,
    I think we have the same white tree! Mine is now decorated for Mardi Gras.

My favorite is still the white cloche house, but it is all very pretty. Very clever to create a mantel when there isn't one.

TFS,
    Candy

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Lynne,
    I forgot to ask in my first comment, but can you tell me a little about the sweet Grandma Moses-like painting in the first picture?
    OA

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I noticed that framed work, too, OA...was wondering if it's needlepoint? Beautiful! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Yes, Jeanne, I was thinking maybe embroidery.

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I had fun putting this together and got so many ideas from all of you. I just started looking around the house and pulling pinks and reds together. A lot of the glassware pieces were the ones I got from my niece that were destined for the GoodWill store.

OA - the crewel embroidery piece was done by my late husbands grandmother. She did it back in the 70's. I am blessed to have several pieces of her work and have them hanging in several places in the house. I just love old needlework and have many of my mothers, my aunts and my grandmothers work plus I have done several pieces. There is such a homeyness (is that a word) and comfort zone for me to be surrounded by old quilts, linens and needlework.

Thank you all again - I do love this forum .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

lynne...it's beautiful! Thanks for the history. Jeanne S.
    "homeyness" sounds like a good word!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lynne, so glad you shared all of your pretty Valentine decor with us. You have so many pretty things displayed. Love your dolls and the fact that your using and enjoying them.

My DF's was showing me some of the Vintage Postcards they have from the early 1900's the other day. They are so neat and I could of stayed there all day looking and reading them.

Punk

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

That area makes a nice "mantle" the Valentine in natural wreath, roses in vase, couple holding hands, lace & pretty dishes all make it a wonderful setting. TFS Jan

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sunnyca - the couple holding hands is my wedding picture. We have been married 5 1/2 years now. I was blessed to have Tom come into my life when I lost my husband of 38 years. We 'met' on a cancer support forum - he is a 27year cancer survivor. That is our backyard where we were married :) - thank you all again .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Everything is so delightful, but I'm in love with the little white tree. You and Candy are being Enablers, this is something going on my want list for next season!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource
More Discussions