Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Some 'HARE'y Items

christmascandy
13 years ago

Since I happen to know that Karen is a big fan of hares and rabbits and also Easter is coming, I found these pictures in a BH & G book called "cottage style" and thought you all might enjoy seeing them.

The first is a painted hutch:

The second is an old metal bed:

We also have some very talented painters on this board and I thought the hutch might be an inspiration.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (10)

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

I love the bed but I think there is bad joke there somewhere ;)

Kath

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I love the cabinet in the first pic--and even have a couple of similar patterns that I've never tried to paint. I'm not very good at the realistic type painting, mostly just do cute, fun types of things.

Funny, but I remember growing up with the old metal beds--and we all wished for wooden beds! LOL

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Cool, candy...lots of talent on that bunny cabinet! Both ideas are really good! TFS! jeanne s.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy...you STINKER....
    I WANT that hutch, and I really want that bed. You've made me drool on the keyboard over furniture as bad as Kathleen does with her 'fattening fotos' of her cooking!!!

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Both are really nice, but the bed is my favorite. I've never seen anything like it.
    Frou

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Karen, I was sure you would like those pieces!! I wasn't trying to tease you, just thought you would enjoy seeing them.

I have an iron metal bed that belonged to my grandparents, but it is not as unique as that one. My granddad was using the headboard and footboard as weights on each end of wire fencing to hold the haystack in place when I convinced him that I needed it for his great granddaughter instead!! LOL

TTFN
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, love the cupboard. I would love to paint one if I thought I had time and could find one. Then I would have to ship it to Karen because I wouldn't have a place to put it.LOL

The bed is so neat. I have a couple of old ones that I've kept just in case.lol I love the flowere beds made out of them. Luvs, isn't it funny how we want new and then love the old again.

Love your story about your bed for DGD. I came home years ago and DH had put old HBoards for gates in our yard and I came unglued. Now I would probably love it.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, you didn't tease me...you tempted me. LOL.
    Seriously, I love seeing neat photos and its fun to dream of owning things like that. They'd go great in the mansion I'm furnishing in my mind. LOL

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy love the look of both...
    but my favorite is the bed too.
    TFS

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You are a tease! They are just lovely...both of them!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions