Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Valentine's Day Table

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

I hoped to get these posted over the weekend but life got in the way. I didn't want to do a romantic table I was going for a bit of whimsy. The table cloth is one that was pasted down to me. It goes back to at least the 1950s. It was still in the original packaging when I got it. The chargers came from a bargain store in my town. The white plates I had. And although I complained, I did find the pink plates, the heart boxes and the little heart tree at CTS. The little cherubs came from a thrift store I paid less than $3.00 for all of them. The love birds are Christmas tree ornaments that I've had for years. I used stickers to decorate the stemware since I couldn't find any that I liked. The napkin rings are package ornaments I got after the holidays.

Thanks for lookin

NanaK

Comments (11)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Turned out very nice! Love the way the stemware turned out...and your chargers are really great with the wavy edge. Great job...and actually, I think it does look romantic.

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

I like the napkin rings and the pink plates, with doilies and little heart boxes. And I think confetti makes everything look festive.

Pat

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, nana, I'd say definitely whimsey! Really cute w/all those cherubs & heart tree & confetti! Your "old" t'cloth is a great backdrop for it all! Love your "candyshots" ... & the pink plates w/dots! Very cute! Glad you could get pics posted! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh nana...I agree with all...this is very cute with lots of
    'Whimsey'. I love all those cute cherubs...and what a fab price for all of them. I like how you placed them down the middle of the table too. I didn't see those pretty heart boxes or plates at CTS..for sure I would have snapped some up. Good idea using stickers on the stems..
    also those package ornaments work perfectly as nap rings.
    I'm glad you posted this fun setting with us..and shared some clever tips too.

jane

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Wonderful table. I love how you glammed up the stemware.
    Those cherubs were a great buy, and the layered plates are perfect.
    You achieved your whimsical table, but there is a hint of romance with the love birds and the hearts!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Nana, this is such a lovely table. Lucky you to get the tc passed down. It's wonderful and perfect for your Valentine table. Love everything on it!

The ruffled pink polka dot plates, chargers and red hearts are wonderful together. Sweet cherubs at such a great price. Your stems you decorated turned out so cute. Very pretty table.

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Let's see what I love about this table, pink, old, cherubs, sparkle, ruffled, and polka dots. It goes without saying (but I'm going to say it anyway) there is not one thing that I don't like.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You did a great job pulling this table together. I really love your "candy" shot of it. What a great deal on all those cherubs. Wonderful that the tablecloth was passed down to you, it works perfectly for this tablescape. Very creative idea using the stickers on your glasses. It all turned out lovely. Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your great comments. Doing these tables has been such fun. I think I'm a bit obsessed with doing them LOL. I am lucky to have some lovely old treasures [ie tablecloth] this forum is a wonderful way to share them instead of having them hidden away in drawers or closets. Thanks to enablers are us I've been getting some new things that I really don't have room for...hmmm.
    NanaK

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

nana...that sounds like a "good thing" ... getting stuff out of drawers & closets ...& joinin' in the group of "Enablers R Us!" Happy you're here, too! LOL! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Nana, your table is delightful. And the buy on those Cherubs is a fantastic score.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions