Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Redecorated china cab, buffets and tea cart

phonegirl
12 years ago

I finally got all the Valentine decorations put away. All of this started out yesterday with sun shining. Today is blowing snow. Anyhoo yesterday made me think I wanted to start some spring so I dug out some dishes, decor and this is the results.

It's always hard to get a good shot of the china cabinet.

The two sides gives a better idea how it looks. I had bought the vines at Walmart so added them for a change. Used DM's sherbet dishes. The large flowered plates are Maxam I picked up last summer.

The butterflies are more Christmas ornaments but they add a little bling so used them. Brought out my first little white birds. All you enablers with birds made me realize I too needed some. Now I have several.LOL

I think I've shared my frog tea pot before. I put away my pinecone decor so decided to use one of my frogs on the tea cart for. The little flowers came from DP. I think they were $1.50 each. Also added the gold candle cups I've had from Home Interiors forever in a couple of little votives to help add some gold color on the tea cart. I'm trying to think ahead for St Paddy's.haha

I picked up these 2 tea pots at DP a few weeks ago. They match my bunny so I can leave them out with some Easter decor. Will add a doilie under them as I see they look a little bare.

The blue candle holders on th buffet I picked up at a ys. Tried them on my table but just didn't go. I don't think I've ever set them out so decided to leave them on the buffet.

Close up of the bird plates and butterfly ornament.

I feel like I'm ahead of the game for the moment!LOL Sure feels good to have a new look to come home to. We will be decorating the office for St Pat's tomorrow so that will be fun. We talked about doing a beach theme for the summer. This new gal loves to decorate so that's neat.

Punk

Comments (8)

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Oh Punk, you have out done yourself again.
    Everything is beautiful .
    Your china cabinet does look so springy and that frog with the candles is the cutest.

I collect teapots and the frog and the metal teapots caught my attention first.

Love all the candles with the lamps and teapots and who could pass up a white bird?

Great job as always,

Creek

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Creek, thanks for your sweet comments. Please share your collection of tea pots with us when you have time. I think I have 10 of them since I joined here. Two are frogs that I bought for DD and she didn't want.

I had always bought tea pots for my Sis before. Wish she lived closer and I would borrow some to decorate with.LOL She was always the collector and I bought clothes.

Funny how we change through the years. She's the one who bought me my first old treadle singer sewing machine. She has so many neat antiques and I just bought clothes to give away.haha

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Wonderful!
    Amazing, I collect teapots too! We sure are kindred spirits on here. The frog teapot is too cute. I have attributed my fascination with teapots to the fact that I don't like coffee. I don't know if that is really the underlying attraction, but that is my story and I'm sticking to it!
    It is all looking very much like Spring.
    I guess it is time to put away my snowmen and snowflakes, LOL. With all the snow we have on the ground, it is not looking like Spring around here!

You always do such a beautiful job and this is another example of your artistic touch.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, it's nice to see 'signs of Spring' at your house, punk! (well, inside anyway, it sounds like!)

Love the bright colored plates in your china cabinet...looks very pretty behind those closed doors & I think your pic is great! Love the lil birds & blingy butterflies you chose to use w/the vines...very Springy!

Smiling BIg at that froggy teapot! Ohhhh, that needs to be on your patio & in your gardens when warm weather gets here! That will bring a smile...I bet DGD loves it! The candles & holders, & flowers look very Spring-y w/that froggy, too!

Your buffet is beautiful...& I do love that mirror just leanin' on the top! The bird plates are lovely & the candlesticks & candles sure look great! Love how you used so many birds in your Spring decor! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk it's so nice to see 'signs of Spring'...even if it
    is just in your China Cab..
    Such lovely floral plates and I like how you added the sold plates in between. The butterflies and birdies with the floral vines are a nice touch too. It's hard having doors on a china cab (like mine too) they kind of hide it all.
    You created a lovely display on your buffet again. Your new lamps look perfect there and those plates are a nice Spring touch too. I think your froggy teapot is just adorable!
    This was so refreshing to see...makes you feel - hopefully - that Spring is right around the corner...
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh, Punk
    Everything looks so bright and cheerful I didn't realize what a bad case of Spring Fever I had until I saw this post!!
    The flowered plates are adorable, and the butterflies and birds add to the feeling of Spring.
    I just love the tea cart, the colors are perfect and the Frog teapot is so CUTE!
    I've never seen wired tea pots like yours, they'd look good in my house.
    The fern and pretty bird plates look so nice on the larger buffet and the blue candles and candle sticks are just the right touch.
    You really brightened my Day, Punk
    TFS
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Those flowered plates are great! I'm not much for floral things, but the kind I like always have BIG flowers. And it seems that you have the kind I like.

That froggie tea pot is a hoot - or should a say, a croak.

I can also appreciate you tall candlesticks. I have a pair of tall wooden candlesticks. I have to spray paint them a different color every time I use them. THey must have a dozen layers of paint on them. Maybe it's time I got more pairs, like you. Hmmm.

Thanks for sharing this "Moving into Spring" tablescape.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy, thanks. I remember your beautiful tea pots you've shared. I never cared for coffee much till the lattes came out and I love them. Just got a gift certificate for Valentines Day.

We had training yesterday from 10-5 so I had to rush in and try to catch up this morning. Our new computers are not working right so they have been a nightmare. We are getting some snow every day but it warms up enough to melt some so at least it's not adding up.

Jeanne, thanks for your comment on the mirror. The brown part of it doen't show in the pictures but it's better than nothing. I haven't given up on finding some sort of top for that buffet. If I ever decide to put my bakers rack on the deck I will try to remember to add that frog.

Jane, thanks for the comment on my single plates in the china cab. Wasn't sure it would look good w/o layering but I like it for a change too.

Nana, thanks, I'm so ready for Spring too. This winter has been a nice one but I'm ready to spend more time outdoors. I find most of my tea pots at ys and they are so cheap. So happy I brightened your day. You've done that for me too!

OA, laughed so hard about all your coats of paint on the wooden candlesticks. I never think I have time to paint them but should see if I can talk DH into doing that for me. Great idea. Most of mine come from Ross or TJ Maxx. Thanks for your comments. It's wonderful to have you back sharing with us.

Punk