Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaybird

Judith, I'm being lazy here......

jaybird
17 years ago

Somewhere on your beautiful tables, I have seen a rabbit standing among the pieces of a silver service. I would love to see that picture again, but I have NO IDEA where it was....does that ring any bells with you, and if so could you aim me???

Most sincere thanks for help now, and also for sharing your amazing talent with us so graciously!!

Jaybird

Comments (8)

• User
    17 years ago

I hope this is it - I was just looking at some older posts

{{gwi:1410305}}

• judithva
    17 years ago

jaybird, thank you for the complement. I learn a lot here from you all too, that is the great thing about the board everyone shares so nicely with their talents.

chijim, thank you for posting that pic, it is the one I think she wants. I am posting another pic of that arrangement that I had taken with a flash (for more detail)

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

oohhh...jaybird..that is the picture that got me 'hooked'. I am planning trying to duplicate that look on my little round side table...:)

• jaybird
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ohhhh yes!!!! I will be snitching your ideas for my sideboard!!! Thank both of you soooooooo much!!!!

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Like chocolate, I can't get enough of Judith's pictures~once is *not* always enough!!

I bought a very similiar little pitcher yesterday at the thrift store~2.50. It has a raised scroll design on it, and sort of scrolled around the opening. Right now it's sitting empty, waiting for a bouquet of pink Tulips. I also bought a sterling silver buttter dish that I cleaned up and put on my vanity for 'trinkets', and a church birdhouse, all for under 11 bucks! ;o)

patty_cakes

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Judith should write a book, full of photos of her table accessorizing. It would be a TOP Seller for sure, and I know all of us would buy a copy (I want mine autographed by the way). I'm not sure she realizes fully what a natural talent she is with her 'eye' for decor!!!!

Karen

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Oh Patty, sounds like you had some fun and found some real treasures. Isn't it great to do that and NOT spend very much money? I've bought some lovely pitchers at TS, my DIL loves them, and I've even kept a few for myself too. I was lucky enough to find one of the butter dishes too, even had a glass liner in it. I had planned to paint it like one I had seen in one of my painting magazines, but it is pretty just as it is so I've left it. I figured I could use it on my desk to hold paperclips, and I got a really fancy handled knife to use as a letter opener--fun to take something and repurpose it and give it new life.

Karen, you are so right. I'd buy Judith's book in a heartbeat--she wouldn't even have to write a word if she didn't want to--just a collection of pics! ;o)

Jaybird, don't forget to post a pic of your decorated sideboard so we can ooh & ahh over it too, okay?

Luvs

• judithva
    17 years ago

Goodness, you all are making me blush! Thank you for the complements.
    Patty cakes you got some great deals there! I love tulips they are one of my favorite flowers!

A book,... I dunno about that LOLOL

The thing I like about the setup above is that it enables you/me to use all kinds of dishes, and a different "focal point", most everyone has a lamp, (you don't even "need" the tea set, the arrangment looks good without one), pick a silk flower/s of your choice, and the water pitchers are easy to find. So I find that most anyone can duplicate the look easily.

Here is the same look, but changed the focal point and a few tiny other things:

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions