Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Februrary Purple Birthday Table

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

Since February's Birthstone is Amethyst I decided to do a table using some purple. The flower plates came from a wonderful consignment shop in my town. The dinner plates are from the grocery store, they are dark purple although they appear black on my monitor. The place mats are scrapbook paper which was suggested in an earlier post. The lovely old cutwork tablecloth belonged to my DGM. The basket embellishments on it made me think of using glass baskets from my collection. The stem ware was my Mother's it dates back to the 1940s. The violet is February's flower.I was able to find one at Walmart. The napkins are actually doilies from a bargain store. I really had fun doing this table I hope you enjoy it.

I'm showing another picture of My DGD's Birthday table because I posted pictures without the pretty colbalt depression ware compotes that my DF was kind enough to lend me.

NanaK

Comments (15)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Nana, love your purple table set on your DGM cutwork tablecloth. The basket design is so neat on it and your glass baskets on mirrors are perfect on it.

Your DM stems are very pretty and look so nice with the purple plates and neat flowered plates on this table. Wondeful idea using the doilies for napkins. Your silver trays are pretty and nice that you udisplayed more of your DM's glasses. You must have a large set of these huh?

The cp turned out so pretty with your new African Daisy flower pot surrounded with beads. Pretty candle holders and place card holders too.

So glad you shared your compotes on DGD's table. Very pretty place setting with those added. Tell DF we enjoyed seeing them.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Sure hope Karen/Purplemoon gets to see your pretty in purple table. I love the floral plates you found, they are beautiful. And what a great idea to pick up on the basket design in the tablecloth and use your pretty glass baskets too. Everything looks really nice. Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh my, nana...this is a pretty table! Your DGM's t'cloth just sets the scene for all your sweet "purples!" And clever napkins, to boot!

I love, love the stemware & your glass baskets...they compliment the t'cloth perfectly! And your choice of dinner plates, the flowered plates & candlestick holders sure make this table so Spring-y! Your flatware pattern goes so good, too.

Nice experiment w/the scrappin' paper...did anyone get those glass sheets yet? I think some "holiday-ers" might have ordered them.

Your friend's cobalt compotes look great with DGD's b'day table! TFS, nana...you cheered up my dreary day! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

nana..this table is Just Lovely! I love your DGM's tablecloth. It's so dainty and elegant looking. Your glass baskets are perfect with it and I think your DM's stems are just beautiful. I love their shape and etched pattern. I think your floral dishes, napkins and your CP together with everything else, created a lovely look.

Glad you got to show your DF's cobalt compotes..they're lovely with your dishes.

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

There's no rush of course, but when you have a free moment, pack up the flower plates, the lovely tablecloth and the 1940s stemware and send them to me.
    Wow Weeee. That February table is just great. For one thing, I'm a little tired of presidents and pink hearts. This was a great change. And you still managed to stick to a February theme. Good thinking.

Now here's something funny. Remember Lynn (in New Mexico)'s 22 chargers that she forgot she had? Well, your post about the scrapbook paper placemats reminded me that I ordered the square glass to cover them. And I'll be darned if I can remember where I put them. They were heavy too. How could I misplace something that big???!!!

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

A very pretty table with the cutwork tablecloth from your DGM and the pretty purple dishes and the glass baskets. This TS just says "tranquility" to me. Lovely. Janet

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Beautiful table. I love all of your pieces together. This reminded me, I have a similar glass basket!
    The floral plates are just gorgeous.

I agree w/OA, it is a nice change and very clever of you to come up with a different Feb. theme.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

BEAUTIFUL table, Nana. So creative. You even got a Candy Shot!

(forgive me Gang, I don't think I can post tonight. But please don't comment here on NANA K's wonderful thread))

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

That purple looks so fresh and pretty. What a great treasure that tablecloth is! The goblets are so nice too. I bet those purple glass plates really look good up close, and those floral plates are spectacular.

Pat

• party_music50
    13 years ago

oh, wow, everything is really beautiful! and purples and whites/crystal are the ideal colors for February!

Your DGD's birthday setting is beautiful too!!!

• ellenlyons1_verizon_net
    13 years ago

I think it is very pretty! Birthday color and flower theme is a neat idea.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

This table is absolutely fantastic and what a smart idea. The stemware is so delicate and lacy a perfect compliment to the tablecloth. I'm an African Violet grower, they may be the only purple thing in my house. The whole table has a very simple elegance to it. Great job.
    Frou

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I love the amethyst theme. Your African Violet looks lovely as the cp & the baskets are so sweet bringing the lovely tc into the other decor. The butterfly place card holders are so sweet & the candle holders take the whole setting back in time along with the lovely stemware(I tried to find it but would take awhile) The butter knives are so sweet & I gave my mom that butterdish in silver & glass for Christmas gift in 1961 she still uses it. So many lovely things on 1 table & together just lovely & inviting with hints of Spring. The blue stemware looks lovely to complete your snowflake tc. Jan

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. This table was fun to do. I was thrilled when I found those flower plates. I thought of using the glass baskets at the last minute. Oh I forgot to mention that I got the name card holders at CTS.

Punk The stem ware was originally a service for 8 one of the goblets was broken, as well as several of the cordials.

OA I'll be sure to send everything to you just as soon as I have some free time LOL. It would be fun, tho, to see how some one else would do a table using the same things.
    The table reminds me of spring as well, especially since
    there is 7 more inches of snow on the ground.
    NanaK

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA forgot to mention that I am ALWAYS putting things in a safe place and then can't REMEMBER where that safe place is.
    grrrr. NanaK

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer
More Discussions