Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Help....I can't stop buying Cherubs

Purplemoon
13 years ago

I don't know WHAT is going on with me and Cherubs lately. For several years, the only ones I bought were the Mikasa ones for my Christmas collection, and a couple I saw in GW that I would use for Valentine decorating. I never had a 'real' interest in Cherubs. Till now!! I'm trying to figure out if suddenly I just want to be surrounded by these little white angels....or if I'm so stir-crazy from not leaving the house in months that

I am indulging in a new collection (which I sure don't need)...or what is going on with me. But I now have FOUR

new Cherub candleholders!

I saw this one on eBay a few nights ago and just had to bid on it. No one else did, so I won it this morning.

{{gwi:1409968}}

BUT....last night this trio came up on a Buy It Now and I couldn't resist them! I think they are really lovely.

{{gwi:1409969}}

I need to stay off eBay awhile it looks like. LOL.

Last week, after I packed my winter decor, I was going to get out my Valentine decorations. First I just tweaked the family-room mantel a bit by adding the garland, mercury bird and ball, and putting a little cherub in the one cloche. Then I just stopped. And never got my Val things out. I already regret that, but its too late for me to do it, too much work for just a few days. (I hate when the Fibro wins.) Anyway, here's the mantel. At least some red still in the house.

hugs, Karen

Comments (7)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You go girl!! Really love the first one! And your mantel looks just fine...love the shades of red and the shininess!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, I am lovin' your cherubs! I've been on the look-out, too ...after seeing these cuties pop up for V-day this month! You sure got some lovely ones on e-bay...good for you...yes, another collection is ok...you can use them not only once a yr but for other times, too...if you wish! LOL!

Your mantle looks very pretty...& "red" & the little cherub in the cloche is so DARN CUTE! Lookin' good, PM! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen - Cupid 'Shot His Arrow' ---> and it got 'YOU'!
    The little guys you bought are lovely.
    Like you, I've been looking at them too..but haven't seen any as nice as yours. I think you can enjoy them anytime.. and not just for VDay.
    Your mantel looks pretty ... I'm in love with the little cherub inside the cloche.

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Love all your new cherubs. After seeing your collections again, one more will be wonderful for us to drool over. I think staying home all the time is hard if one is use to getting out every now & then. A Girls Gotta Do, What a Girls Gotta Do!

Your mantel looks great with all the mercury. Is your plate mercury also? Sure is pretty. Love your decorated cloches. I need to try making some. Maybe in time I will have the right things to put in them.

I'm taking down all the red tonight and replacing with blue. DGD is coming to spend the weekend with us and I want to see what she has to say about it.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Nice cherub finds Karen. I found lots of them a few years ago while "treasure shopping" and now have a whole boxful which you've all seen on previous Valentine's tablescapes. I do keep two good sized ones out year round on top of the television hutch in our bedroom They usually have such sweet faces--I'm never really sure which are "cherubs" and which are "angels" but I like them all!

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I guess Cherubs ARE angels, Luvs. They are just children instead of adults. I really like the white ones (obviously, LOL) tho the little one in my cloche is colored and one of my favorites. Found it at GW years ago.
    Here's a better shot of it from last year in big cloche...
    {{gwi:1409971}}

Yes Punk, the plate and candle holders are mercury glass too. I love that stuff. I found the huge plate at Ross last year, and the candleholders at Home Goods. I have a pink mercury pair too, but they are smaller. I'll get them out for Easter.
    Taking down the red BEFORE Valentines, Punk? LOL, guess you are having a blue Valentine's huh? Hope its a Happy one tho. (just another day around here, Mr Oblivious doesn't have a romantic thought in his head, tho he will get me a card.)

I guess my Cherubs don't have to be put out at only Christmas and Valentine's, so I'll just have fun decorating with them whenever I want. They are making me happy....one of Life's simple pleasures I guess!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen, What is it with cherubs? I seem to be VERY attracted to them lately as well. Your mantel looks wonderful, Mercury glass goes with everything doesn't it? Sorry the fibro has got you down again. Please take care!
    NanaK

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions