Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Don't want to use paper plates for your St. Pat Party?

oldalgebra
12 years ago

I was just at the Dollar Tree. I think I've passed these plates up 100 times.

I slowed down this time because I don't have a set of green plates for my party.

I've never been a big fan of green. (Before anyone gets upset, I'm a big fan of trees.)

Anyway, they all have different swirls and different shades of green, but I kind of like that. I picked up 8. They come in a bright yellow and a bold blue as well.

Comments (19)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

They are quite 'quirky' is the word that comes to mind. Looks like they would be a good fit for St Paddy's Day! Lookin' forward to seeing how you use them. TFS!

I found a lucky find at Hobby Lobby last week & hope it's ok to share here w/your post, OA...50% off Easter decor & saw the pink bunny w/slot in ears (for nametags) & searched on the shelves some more & found purple, yellow & aqua, too! ($1.50 ea & only 4-l/2" high) I had a white one from a GS a couple yrs ago that I broke the ears on)...so was happy to spot these! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

OA, I got some of those plates at DT a few weeks ago I'm using them for my St Patrick's TS.
    I think they are cute and
    are good for Spring tables too.
    Jeanne the bunnies are really cute.
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, Jeanne. I love those little bunnies. AND I just got back from Hobby Lobby. Didn't stop at the Easter stuff because I was just getting the lay of the land. We haven't had a Hobby Lobby until just a month or so ago.

Nuts! It's sad to say, I'll have to return tomorrow.
    Oh, well. I'll make the sacrifice.

You know, I think we should have a post that changes every few weeks that just has goodies that people spy and think we Enablers might like. What do you all think?

We could have one that went from the first of the month to, say the 15th. And then on the 16 (or later) start a new one that lasts till the end of the month. That way, the post won't fall too far down when there's a busy time. If only one or two people add something, that would be OK too.

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nana,

I meant to mention that you have exquisite taste in Leprechaun Plates.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA and Nana, those plates will be great for a St Patrick's TS and others. I personally love green. I love it when others tell where they've found neat things others would enjoy using. I will be sharing more of my Christmas ornaments I bought at Target on my table.

Jeanne, love the bunny place card holders. We don't have a HL close but I seen some at Cracker Barrel that were cute. Didn't buy any since I splurged on my new hen that day.LOL

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

OA...I think that's a GREAT idea! Lots of times I pick up a few things & then want to post...but I haven't used it in Holiday decor yet. Ok...let's start one whenever & change it out after a couple weeks! Your 1st & 16th sounds like a great idea!

nana...lookin' forward to your St. Pat decor, too...great taste, you & OA! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

OA...I've seen those swirly plates at DT too.
    In fact I bought a couple of orange ones for Halloween.
    As far as green... it's a great color -
    because it's known to be Mother Nature's Background
    color and can be paired with anything.
    BTW....I like the idea of a 'Show N Tell'.

Jeanne..your cute bunnies have a Vintage look to them...Nice find.
    You all wish for a CTS and I wish for a Hobby Lobby!!
    jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

OA...you may have to scan a bit for the bunnies...my DH was w/me & these were spread out over 2 large displays in the middle of the aisles among 'large' Easter decor. Good luck! Jeanne S.

Yes, jane, those bunnies made me think of the my lil' boy/girl vases...

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Love them Jeanne...so sweet. Your cute bunnies fit in with the same vintage look. I hope OA can find them.
    I broke my boy & girl planter last Fall when I was putting
    it away! DH tried to glue it..but it's not the same.
    I'm so upset cause they were such a great buy...
    I'll be looking for a replacement this Spring when the Flea's kick off.
    jane

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nope. If they did have them, they're all gone now. Well, it was fun going there again. I know that I'll start visiting there regularly now that I know the fastest route to the place.

They had a very poor section of St. Patrick things too. Said they wouldn't be getting any more in. It isn't even March yet, and they won't be getting in any more St. Patrick's stuff! Nuts to that.

I also looked in the Mardi Gras section. Nothing on sale there. Did get four plaster-like crowns that were 50% off. Three were bright pink and one black. I plan to spray them gold and use them on next year's Mardi Gras table.

• bentleysuprr
    12 years ago

Those plates were only a dollar each?

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yep! You'll want to go through a stack or two pretty carefully. My biggest concern was to make sure the entire top surface had green (Some had a slight band of white on one side where it appeared that the glaze did not cover). It's sort of like they are "seconds" with the different shades of green.
    For a funky table, I didn't mind, so it was $8.00 well spent.
    The yellows and blues looked pretty spiffy too.

You also want to set each one on a solid surface to make sure they don't wobble. All of the ones I did this too were perfect ally fine.

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bowls and salt and pepper shakers at Target.
    Bowls are $2.50

S and P's are $2.99

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, those are both so CUTE, OA! Esp those S&P shakers for the upcoming Easter holiday! Love the bowls, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

OA, Love these bowls, tulip cups and s & p's. What pretty colors. I love polka dots on table settings. I'll have to check them out next time I'm close to Target.

Thanks, Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

My HLobby still had some of those bunnies on Sat, OA...do you want me to get them for you? (I know, shipping is a killer deal sometimes) Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, Jeanne, yes! That would be so nice of you. I'd like all four colors. A set of 4 in the different colors - or if it's still possible, a set of 8 in the four colors.

Thank you so much.
    OA

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Ok, I'm maybe going in tomorrow (if we don't get icy rain, they're calling for rain) ...I'll get them if they're still there...I am lucky that we have TWO Hobby Lobby stores ...one in each city next to each other. Yay, more bunnies! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I have those plates, OA, and in a few other colors.
    Love your dotted bowls...I am saying no more about CTS! :)

J, the bunnies are adorable!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions