Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Variety of Valentine Views DR Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

My dining room table is the table that I decorated last year when Karen first found me. The pink rose plates were from Ross. Little did I know the dish addiction that would start as a result of this one table!! LOL

This year I used my late DGMIL's heirloom white tablecloth and my Noritake white China plates. The gold chargers reappear and the silver hammered chargers from HL. The red rose fairy CP was a clearance item after Christmas at Ross.

The mirror and the gold candle holder under the fairy are TS, as are the silver candleabras, pedestal candy dish, red bead candle ring that I bent into a heart shape, and gold cherub.

The Rose Fairy CP has a rose glitter skirt and petal wings.

The pink napkins, the pink heart beaded placemats, the red velvet rose pyramids, and the red goblets are all TS treasures.

The clear goblets were TJM decades ago.

I used a TS cake plate with a TS cheese dome, and Little Debbie Valentine Cakes.

I cut up some TS roses to make the petals scattered on the table.

The little heart votives are all TS. My Damask Rose silverware is perfect for this table. The large silver candlesticks are also TS.

Happy Valentine's Day,

Candy

Comments (7)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy,

This table is wonderful!!! the rose Fairy is a delight. There are no Ross stores in my area that I know of.
    When I found this forum last summer I was just going to do a table using some family heirlooms. Couldn't stop there tho, LOL. It seems I'm always thinking of what I can do next.
    NanaK

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Candy, It is simply beautiful. I really like the pink rose salad plates. Like you, this forum has really feed my dish addiction. Now I "need" pink rose dishes, but then I love yellow roses, so maybe I need yellow rose dishes too.......That little fairy cp is really cute, I don't think I have ever seen one so pretty and dainty. I can't believe that you have only been on this forum a year---hope I can be as accomplished in a year. Janet

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh wow, candy...those pink rose plates are GORGEOUS & finding that rose fairy for your centerpc is such a spectacular addition to this t'scape! The fairy just brings out the beautiful dark colors from the roses on the plates! Beautiful white t'cloth is so lovely ...what an heirloom!

The Debbie cupcakes look dainty under the cloche that you've made w/cake plate...love it! Your red & crystal clear stemware draw out the plate colors, too...ahhh, everything looks so pretty! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy...you did it again.. another beautiful table.
    First off...your DGMIL's Tablecloth 'sets the stage! It's georgeous.
    I agree, the Rose Fairy is spectacular and makes such a statement. Your floral dishes and stems are so lovely. I remember seeing your candlesticks from another Tbscpe and loved them then...and still do.
    Your TS beaded mats and roses were beautiful finds. I'm always in awe of the lovely treasures everyone finds from Tag Sales, and you certainly found your share for sure.
    The Little Debbie cakes..the look so sweet under the dome..very clever idea.
    Everything looks so lovely...you out did yourself again!

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, you make me feel like a Talent Scout! LOL. You're definitely a STAR when it comes to decor too.
    This setting is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way you've blended the pink and red together, it just really 'works' and I'd never have thought of trying something like that.

I LOVE that Fairy, and the rose plates! And can't believe you found them at Ross. I need to get to that store more often. WOW. I'd have paid full price for them, but doesn't surprise me YOU found them on clearance. LOL. I have never seen anything like that Fairy in Ross here tho.

I'll be looking at this table over and over I'm sure!
    hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nana, I start planning new tables as soon as I finish setting up the current one, LOL. Of course, the fact that I have all these dishes to play with now helps a lot!!

Janet, I actually bought the rose dishes Jan. 2010 for that first table, the rest is history!! I had no idea then that the Garden Web existed, or that I was going to become a dish addict as a result of playing in this playground! LOL

Jeanne, I usaed that tablecloth for many years as my Thanksgiving tablecloth, but that was it. Now, I have used it for 2 consecutive tables, and no one even ate there!

Jane, those placemats are the tiny beads and the entire surface is covered in them. I have seen similar beaded ones in high end stores for as much as $10-12 each! Gotta love TS's!

Karen, I have used various shades of pink, rose, red, and burgundy together on this table. It is radically different from last years table even though the rose salad plates were on that table last year. It doesn't show in the photos, but the rose pyramid topiaries are a really deep red VELVET. I have learned a great deal from seeing everyone's beautiful tables on here, including yours!!!

I think the candleabras made their first appearance on the Witch's Table. Change the color of the candles and it totally changes the look.

As soon as I saw the fairy, I knew she was going to be on this table!! I think she may have been intended as a tree topper for Christmas, but I saw her differently. Oh, and I did pay full price (on Senior Day) for the Rose plates. That was when I was naive and did not know I was going to need a boatload of dishes to play here. :-0

I have one more table, it is for me and my Sweet Babu!!
    I'll post that one later.

Glad you all liked it.

TTFN,
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your candle holders are so gorgeous--hard to believe they were a TS find! I love that little silver high top shoe on the beaded mat too, so sweet. The fairy certainly makes a great cp, but I love the rose trees too. I remember your pretty rose plates--rose plates always catch my eye! ;o) It all looks really pretty Candy. Luvs

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company
More Discussions