Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunny Days Help Chase Winter Blues Away

Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 13:54

Some places in the US are having nice weather.

But I think most of the country is experiencing Bad Weather Fatigue.

It has been overcast, dreary and snowing again today.
I've had enough!!~~

So to help chase the gloom away I set a bright and sunny table

From 2014-02-18 (by Eye-Fi)

This is helping to chase my winter blues away
How about You?
TFLookin
Nana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunny Days Help Chase Winter Blues Away

Oh yes Nana, this table is so cheery! Love the yellow and white
on this tablescape! Reminds me of sunshine and that's what we all need to brighten our winter days. Thanks for the SMILE.

We are suppose to get more snow any day. I'm hoping it goes
around us.LOL Alot of ours is melting but we're still getting
little spiffs that cause slick roads in the mornings.

Stay warm and safe. Punk

o

I love the bright yellow and white accented with yellow butterflies, true harbingers of warmer weather. Your goblets go perfectly with the setting. Thanks for adding a little sunshine to a grey day!

o

Thank You Punk and Fun,The snow and grey days are really starting to get me down. At least my table is bright!!
It was supposed to warm up today with a slight chance of freezing rain for a short time this AM
well since about 9AM it has been snowing like crazy, and the roads are awful. The local school has canceled PM preK and is keeping the AM prek all day.
The sky is brightening as I type this so I hope the worst is over.
Wow Mother Nature is having a heck of a good time this winter Who would have thought she is a winter person.
Or is she sitting somewhere in a warm climate laughing??
Nana

o

Mother Nature is in Southern California and she's having a field day! It's like summer here. We're having one of the worst droughts in recorded history. Farmers are having to sell their cows. Farm hands are being laid off, as there are no crops to tend. The weather is beautiful, but it's creating lots of problems.

Yellow was my mother's favorite color. I remember her saying, "You must have a little touch of yellow in every room in your house." As a tribute to her, I have tried as best I can to do just that. An apothecary jar full of fake lemons sits in my living room. A little red vase with some twigs full of small yellow blossoms sits on the coffee table in my family room. A funny little yellow picture frame is on my nightstand. Yes, yellow is cheery, and your tablescape just shows how true that is. Nice job.

I hope the worst of the winter storms are over soon.

o

Thank you OA. I'm glad you like the table.
It is touching that you pay tribute to your mother by adding yellow throughout your home.
I think it is time for Mother Nature to PLAY NICE
Nana

o

Very cheery, nana! Yes, sunshine colors! The place settings are so very pretty ...is that a weaved 'coaster' under the little top bowls...whatever it is, I like the 'division' it makes between the whites.

Your candlelight, flowers & butterflies sure make the center of your table pretty! The flatware works perfectly on those yellow place mats.

Been cold, nasty here, too ~~ but, cheers .. & lets send California some rain! Price of milk will be going up I just read somewhere. Droughts are terrible! TFS, nana. ~~Jeanne S

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here