Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Sunny Days Help Chase Winter Blues Away

nana2010_gw
10 years ago

Some places in the US are having nice weather.

But I think most of the country is experiencing Bad Weather Fatigue.

It has been overcast, dreary and snowing again today.
I've had enough!!~~

So to help chase the gloom away I set a bright and sunny table

From 2014-02-18 (by Eye-Fi)

This is helping to chase my winter blues away
How about You?
TFLookin
Nana

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Oh yes Nana, this table is so cheery! Love the yellow and white
    on this tablescape! Reminds me of sunshine and that's what we all need to brighten our winter days. Thanks for the SMILE.

We are suppose to get more snow any day. I'm hoping it goes
    around us.LOL Alot of ours is melting but we're still getting
    little spiffs that cause slick roads in the mornings.

Stay warm and safe. Punk

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I love the bright yellow and white accented with yellow butterflies, true harbingers of warmer weather. Your goblets go perfectly with the setting. Thanks for adding a little sunshine to a grey day!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank You Punk and Fun,The snow and grey days are really starting to get me down. At least my table is bright!!
    It was supposed to warm up today with a slight chance of freezing rain for a short time this AM
    well since about 9AM it has been snowing like crazy, and the roads are awful. The local school has canceled PM preK and is keeping the AM prek all day.
    The sky is brightening as I type this so I hope the worst is over.
    Wow Mother Nature is having a heck of a good time this winter Who would have thought she is a winter person.
    Or is she sitting somewhere in a warm climate laughing??
    Nana

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Mother Nature is in Southern California and she's having a field day! It's like summer here. We're having one of the worst droughts in recorded history. Farmers are having to sell their cows. Farm hands are being laid off, as there are no crops to tend. The weather is beautiful, but it's creating lots of problems.

Yellow was my mother's favorite color. I remember her saying, "You must have a little touch of yellow in every room in your house." As a tribute to her, I have tried as best I can to do just that. An apothecary jar full of fake lemons sits in my living room. A little red vase with some twigs full of small yellow blossoms sits on the coffee table in my family room. A funny little yellow picture frame is on my nightstand. Yes, yellow is cheery, and your tablescape just shows how true that is. Nice job.

I hope the worst of the winter storms are over soon.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you OA. I'm glad you like the table.
    It is touching that you pay tribute to your mother by adding yellow throughout your home.
    I think it is time for Mother Nature to PLAY NICE
    Nana

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Very cheery, nana! Yes, sunshine colors! The place settings are so very pretty ...is that a weaved 'coaster' under the little top bowls...whatever it is, I like the 'division' it makes between the whites.

Your candlelight, flowers & butterflies sure make the center of your table pretty! The flatware works perfectly on those yellow place mats.

Been cold, nasty here, too ~~ but, cheers .. & lets send California some rain! Price of milk will be going up I just read somewhere. Droughts are terrible! TFS, nana. ~~Jeanne S