Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

OT Need to let you know some sad news

luvstocraft
13 years ago

All of you know our forum group is like "family" to Karen/Purplemoon. She asked me to let all of you know her unexpected and sad news. Her Dad passed away yesterday afternoon.

She really needs our prayers and support as she goes through this time of loss and grief.

As you know, he had to be taken to the hospital a few days ago. Karen said he deteriorated rapidly yesterday morning and then went into heart failure. Karen, her three children and two of his grown grandchildren were there with him when he quietly passed.

This is such a big loss for Karen, her Dad has lived with her for some time, and she has been his full time caregiver since last June when he became bedridden.

He was a very warm and loving man. You've all heard Karen talk about how he loved to tell his jokes and make others laugh.

Karen may not feel up to posting on the forum for awhile, but we can let her know she is in our thoughts and prayers and offer words of condolence here and in private emails to her.

Much love to you and your family Karen, I know your hearts are heavy and sad at the loss of your Dad. Let the knowledge that he has gone to his heavenly home comfort you. You know he has been warmly welcomed by your Mom, who went before him. Now he will be with the Lord and no longer suffer any discomfort or pain.

Love and prayers,

Luvs/Kay

Comments (17)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Thank you, luvs...oh, this is always such a difficult journey...I will send an email to Karen & if you are reading this post sometime in the future, Karen...know that you are continued to be in thought & prayer...hugs to you & your family. Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen - I am sending my thoughts and prayers with my deepest sympathy. You can take comfort in knowing that you were there to take care of your father when he neededd you. Knowing you did all you could will help you get through the months ahead. - Marylee

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen, I am so sorry for the loss of you father. It's so hard to find the right words at a time like this. As Marylee said you can take comfort in knowing you were there for him when he needed you. He was truly blessed to have such a loving caring daughter. NanaK

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Oh, Karen, I am so, so sorry for your loss.
    Luvs wrote, "Karen, her three children and two of his grown grandchildren were there with him when he quietly passed."

Karen, if there is a "good way" to pass, this has to be it. It is certain that his loving nature brought you all to his side in the end.

I know how the tears will flow. Let them. I am praying for you and his dearly departed soul.

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Karen,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. The passing of a dear parent is not easy but know that you were there when he needed you. I am sending a virtual hug to help comfort you.

Kath

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh My...I just wrote a post about Karen before I read this.
    I am so sorry to hear this sad news.

Karen...I am so very sorry for your loss and send my prayers and deepest sympathy to you and your family.
    You - your Dad and all your family were blessed to be together when it was time to say good-bye.
    May his dear soul rest in peace...and
    May you find peace and comfort in knowing how blessed he was to have such a loving and caring daughter in his life..
    Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family Karen...

jane

• party_music50
    13 years ago

Very sad news. I'm so sorry for your loss, Karen.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Karen,
    I am so sorry to hear this news.
    I know you did everything possible for your Dad.

I am sending my deepest sympathies to you and your family!

He was blessed to have such a loving and caring daughter. How fortunate that you and your family were able to have been at his side when he went home.
    He went from a loving family to a greater love and a place where he is free from the restrictions of his earthly body.

I hope you find comfort knowing that he is in a better place and that you have loving memories of him to cherish and sustain you.

Words are not enough but my prayers are with you all.

Candy

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Karen,
    Praying for some peace and comfort for you and your family. What a wonderful memory to have that you had this last year with your dear father, and were company and love to him. He was lucky to have you, just as you were to have his closeness.

Pat

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

This is bringing tears to my eyes. I knew when I read Jane's post that something wasn't right. Luvs, thanks so much for letting us know Dear Dad went to be with his Savior.

Karen, you should be a very proud daughter for the way you cared for your Dad. You will always miss him but have so many beautiful memories with him.

Thanks so much for sharing your DD with all of us while he was with you. Please give his little dog lots of Hugs and Kisses from all of us too.

Those we love don't go away,
    They walk beside us every day,
    Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear.

Sharing Your Sorrow and Sending My Love, Punk

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

O Lord (((Karen))).
    I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. :(
    Know that when it was needed most , your neverending care and devotion was always there.
    I'm certain he knew how much you loved and cared for him. Now he's at peace with your Mom and I pray so much for comfort to you and your family in these heartwrenching coming days.
    Let the tears flow at their will. Sometimes it's neccessary.
    Big Hugs!

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Karen, may I add my condolences and prayers to all the others. I was just sitting here thinking about all the hassle you went through with the rehab center and that all things happen for a reason. God in His wisdom and love knew that you and your DD needed these last few days together. Your Father raised a very special daughter and I know that he was very proud of you. Not every parent raises their children with the loving and caring spirit that we have all seen in you. Treasure the memories and take good care of yourself. Janet

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Luvs, thanks for passing this on. Karen, I'm just a couple of steps behind where you are as I care for my dad along with my mom & I see slow changes & know time is coming, as I think you showed in some of your emails. So glad you were all together at the end & his last remembrances would be of his family! That is what we all hope for. Hugs & prayers for comfort & strength to get through the coming days. Jan

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Luvs, I am in shock. The last email I got was that he was doing better the next day after he had gone into the hospital.

My deepest sympathy to Karen & her family! I just don't know what else to say, I've never been good at times like this.

Just know we all love you here & are sending prayers for all of you at this time.

BIG HUGE HUGS to you & your family!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Luvs, thanks for posting the news, it is so sad. I dropped her an email, but still wanted to post to say how sorry I am. Look forward to seeing Karen back when things have gotten lined out for her.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Thanks Luvs for letting us all know...I'll talk directly to Karen, but I know she is feeling the love from this group as she goes through this time.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness....
    I have been out all week and just found this message. Thank you Luvs for posting.
    Karen, I would send you all the hugs in the world, but time is the only ease for your pain. Blessings to you and your family.
    Love you,
    J

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions