Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you do with.....

Posted by creekdweller (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 13:38

The candle wax when it can't be burned anymore?

Well, After I made the melted Valentine hearts. I got to thinking, Danger..LOL Why can't I use the wax with the cookie cutter too. So, I took needle nose pliers and took the metal wick part out, and used a star to pour my melted wax in. It's a Yankee cinnamon stick. And it smells wonderful. I used aluminum foil to put it on. It came right out of the mold.

Just make sure you have the cutter anchored down, or the wax will run away from you..LOL
Then I just put something heavy on it until it dried, and wah lah, I have a star. Again, different cookie cutters for different occasions. I can't wait to make Easter out of the beads and wax!!!

Then I put the jar in the sink a hot soapy water and plan to wash it in the dishwasher several times, I have done this before. Then use them at Christmas or special occasions for candy or cookies or any kind of treat.

Enjoy!!

Creek

Here is a link that might be useful: Wax Star

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you do with.....

Your star came out great Creek!
Good idea for all the left over candle wax.
This is a perfect solution for the drawer full of old candles I've been saving.
You also have me thinking about trying my candy moulds for this idea!
TFS..
jane

o
RE: What do you do with.....

I have an aga stove I sit it on top of stove it melts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here