Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Honest Abe's Birthday

Posted by oldalgebra (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 11 at 12:47

I've found another reason to put off the valentine table.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lincoln Table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Honest Abe's Birthday

Your RW&B t'scape certainly honors Abe Lincoln on his b'day. A really unique "eagle" presidential plate...great idea, OA! Love that used the Lincoln logs for part of your centerpc ... & books from your DH' library...both coming w/ a bit of history. Placesettings are very patriotic & the flatware is pretty cool. And I always love seeing your t'scapes...Valentine-y or NOT! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

OA, Another beautiful creation. You put so much detail into your tables and they are always amazing. Your choice of dishes are wonderful. Love both sets of stems, napkins, and all the place mats you used. The lincoln logs and books are the best on here.

My younger Bro shares Lincoln's BDay and he has always thought it was pretty cool.

Punk

o

You did Mr Lincoln proud OA!
I remember how moved I was as a child, after reading about his life and death...It's nice to see your wonderful tribute to him in this table.
Your 'creative juices' never cease! Wonderful fabrication of the 'Presidential Plate'..and the use of the Lincoln Logs is so clever. I like how everything ties together with the placemats/stems/napkins and S&Ps..Using DH's books as part of a 'backdrop' works nicely too.
I have a large collection of old books mainly American and English Literature and Walt Whitman is one of my favorite poets - I loved that you used his poem as your introduction.
jane

o

OA Once again a great table!! You put so much thought into every one you do. loved it.
NanaK

o

I cannot tell a lie, this is a wonderful table! Honest!! LOL

I like the poetry with the books, the cabin, your presidential china, your total creativity!

Isn't it amazing that his assassination wasn't even headline news back then??

You are exhibiting classic avoidance symptoms about that other "day." LOL Whats up with that??

Anyway, great job on the Lincoln table. What are you doing for Washington's b-day?

TFS,
Candy

o

I'm really enjoying all your creativity in avoiding the expected Valentine's table! LOL

Love that you built a log cabin and the books are so perfect too. Really like your napkins with the stars on them, and the handles on the silverware are neat too. It all looks just great OA.

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here