Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Roses are Red

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

And I added some blue.

From 2013-02-14 (by Eye-Fi)

I received this tablecloth at my Bridal Shower more than 50 years ago. It has some 'Age Spots' but I still use it from time to time.
The faux roses are new but I had everything else.

EYE-FI is giving me fits today and posting the same picture more than once grrr. It's a pain to remove them so I didn't

Happy valentine's Day to You

TFLookin
Nana

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Happy Valentine's to you, too, nana!
    Ohhh...that 'vintage' t'cloth is gorgeous! I can call it 'vintage,' right! LOL! 50+ yrs old ... & a lovely way to celebrate Val Day!

Very pretty! Here's some chocolate for ya ...but grab one fast! ;-) Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Such a pretty table Nana...I too love the 'vintage' tablecloth.
    It's so perfect for this setting. I also like the blue
    accents you added - Let's see, you have a lovely setting,
    red roses too...all that's missing is the 'Chocolates' !!
    Oh...I forgot..Jeanne just gave you some...!
    Happy Valentine's Day to you too!
    jane

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, gorgeous table! Your tablecloth is so pretty with that setting. So nice you still have this to share and use on this table. Love the red stems and layering. Your blue plates are so prety. Like the red rose in the napkin to match the cp. This would be a pretty table for 4th of July, Memorial or Labor Day too.

Happy Valentines Day to you and everyone here on Holidays. So glad you keep posting to keep things active here! Hopefully I'll spend more time here again soon. I'm short handed at the office this week. Last night we had to take DGD her Valentine's Day gift and hang out.

Punk

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Very pretty. I love the rose in the napkin!

Valentine's Day didn't turn out well here... had a small problem that consumed most of the day and had to cancel all plans. :p

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Nana, that is so heartwarming that you have such a special tablecloth to use for your Valentine table!
    I like your touches of blue.

Party, I'm sorry your day got messed up.

I dumped Valentine's this year. Totally. Have decided its definitely 'over' between me and Cupid. LOL.
    hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    11 years ago

awwww..... Karen, give that stupid Cupid a slap to the head! then get on the phone and order yourself a bouquet of flowers!!! Seriously, just DO IT! My BF *NEVER* bought me flowers for V.Day until the year that a co-worker did! :O)

My V.Day wasn't ALL bad -- it meant that some serious cleaning could get done in places that I normally cannot reach. :p

And my BF actually bought me a fresh bouquet of MIXED-COLOR flowers this year! For the past few years he's found all greenish-yellow flowers for me because it's the color HE likes. :p This year the bouquet was a mix of different white mums, hydrangea, and every imaginable hue of pink to red flowers, including lilies, stock, carnations, and statice. :O)

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone.
    Jeanne, the tablecloth definitely is "vintage" maybe even antique.LOL
    Thanks for the chocolates, yum.
    Jane, hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.
    Would you like some chocolates, I'm sure Jeanne won't mind if I share.
    Punk, I'm glad you could spend time with your DGD they grow up so fast!
    Karen I'm surprised the tablecloth has held up this long too.
    I have another one with pink roses that is in pretty good shape too.
    I am so sorry that it's is over between you and cupid I hope you can make up.
    Party, I'm sorry you had to cancel your Valentin's plans, your flowers sound lovely. Can you send a picture?
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions