Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

Some Valentine Decor

yachter123
13 years ago

Not wanting to take down my college basketball table yet (it goes thru March) I decided to just do my mantle & the TV cabinet in livingroom.

The big candelabra was a gift from my son & gkids a year ago & I knew it was too big for the table, so have been waiting to use it for V Day.

Most of the other things are garage sale and the lighted grapes on the fireplace were garage sale last summer, brand new in box for .50!

The tin old timey Valentine Hearts were found in a unique shop after xmas last year in southern Illinois.

TV cabinet

Comments (12)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

OMGosh! I LOVE the candelabra! Very pretty arrangements there and the lighted grapes are great.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

OT...I'd leave that BB t'scape up, too, being 4th in the standings! Yippee for Illini! (did you see IA beat Michigan St other nite?) Boy, that should be a morale booster for new coach & team...fans, too!

Your Val decor looks good...my fav is those metal hearts you found last yr...very cool! Beautiful mantle, too! Looks very festive! TFS, yachter. Jeanne S.

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, the Illini are so bi-polar this year, we never know which team will show up, the HO HUM Illini or the Fighting Illini! LOL

I have been rooting for Iowa, they've been the underdogs for a few years now & their new coach seems to know how to get things done, they have improved 100% over last year. (me thinks Illinois' problem IS their current coach)!!

Yes, I watched the Iowa game against MSU and was thrilled to see Iowa come out with another win! I watch most any Big Ten game that is on (I'm a basktball-a-holic!)

BTT (back to topic) I wish I had picked up more of those tin hearts, always say afterward, I wish I had done this or that!!! Grrrrr

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

WOW, what a gorgeous candlelabra! I'm so glad you are getting to use it. And of course I love the red candle trio. Those lighted grapes are neat, I've never seen anything like that before. And those tin hearts...sigh...
    how wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Yachter..your VDay decorations look so festive.
    Love that candlelabra(nice gift)..with the metal hearts.
    My favorites also. Sorry to say, I'd be kicking myself too, for not buying more.
    I think your mantel looks lovely with the little cherubs, pretty glass candleholders and other touches. I've never seen lighted grapes before,(great find and price) they fit right in with everything. I think you'll get lots of mileage with them. Everything looks lovely.

jane

• karenmo
    13 years ago

Yachter, your Valentine decor is wonderful, and I especially love the metal ornies, but I just googled something similar, and wow, they are pricy! Really gorgeous though! TFS

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Yachter, your decos are so pretty...but man, that candelabra is FANTASTIC! I love the metal ornaments too, wish I could find some like that.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your valentines decor look great Yachter. Love your pretty mantel, it's gorgeous. The candle trio is really pretty and the lighted "grapes", what a good find! That candleabra is amazing! Talk about the perfect piece for Valentines or Victorian decor--it's just dripping with jewels! Maybe you will get me motivated to get my stuff out and up! Luvs

• yachter123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dream, that candelabra would be perfect in your home, thought of that when I got it, it is more victorian than my decor, but would be perfect for your home.

I did use it in the bay window last Easter with some small, glittery eggs hanging from it, but since our diningroom table is our everyday table too, it is just too big to have on there.

Yes, those tin hearts, everyone has commented on them & now I wish I had bought a ton of them & sent some to everyone here last year.

I couldn't even tell you where I bought them, it was New Years weekend a year ago, when we were traveling from our over-nite at our away college basketball game to our friends in southern Illinois to spend New Years with them.

We got off the highway in this quaint little town & stopped for lunch, there were a few shops open, most had already closed for New Years eve the next nite & you know me, never let a chance to shop go to waste.

We had just a few minutes to run thru the shops & I spotted them not even knowing what I'd do with them & grabbed up two of them.

Thanks all for your comments, I really wasn't happy with the pictures, the candelabra actually looks much prettier in person, the glass on it sparkles in the light, but does not in the pictures.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Yachter, your mantel is so pretty all lite up with your cherubs, pretty red candle holders and candles. Your kids have great taste, your candlelabra is beautiful. Love the way you decorated around it with the ribbon, flowers, cherub. The heart candles are so pretty. To bad you didn't buy more of those Valentine tin hearts they are so neat.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

I love your Valentines decor. The lighted grapes are so cute.
    the candelabra is elegant and it can be used in so many settings. I understand why you are disappointed that you didn't buy more tin hearts. I love the cherubs. I found some at a thrift store to use in My Valentine's table.
    NanaK

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Love the Valentine decor.
    The red trio is beautiful, but that candleabra is just stunning! I kwym when you say it is not as pretty in the photos as IRL! I have expeienced similar problems with my photos.
    You wanting more of the tin hearts, just gives an excuse to keep shopping! LOL
    Everything is lovely, but did I mention I really love that candleabra!! Drool, drool!

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator
More Discussions