Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Mardi Gras Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

I don't have my Valentines stuff put away yet, but that didn't stop me from setting a Mardi Gras Table.

I bought the little pot of fresh flowers, but I had everything else.

From 2012-02-17 (by Eye-Fi)

The masks and beads are from DT,

Green chargers were on sale at Walmart after Christmas.

I've had the gold placemats for years.

I got the sherbets and salad plates are from the same great resale shop in town.

The salad plates are not the same but similar. They are both light purple although one looks pink on my monitor

TFLookin

Nana

Comments (10)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Very pretty table Nana! Looks very inviting...love the glitz and gold!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Whoops, just checking to see if my post went through and I see that I sent the same photo twice.
    This was my first solo flight.
    DD4 gave me an Eye-fi card for my camera for Christmas. She has been logging on with me from her computer [don't ask me how] and taking me through the steps.
    I hit a few snags along the way today but I made it.
    My oldest DD has been an great help to with posting pics.
    she and her DH are in the middle of kitchen and bathroom renovations they are doing all the work themselves. I'm glad I don't have to pester her with this.
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Congrats on the solo photo posting, Nana. Bet we'll get to see lots more now that you can do it whenever you want! Yeah! Your table looks so glitsy and pretty. Those shiny gold placemats are perfect for this celebration and I love how you used the gold doilies too. Love your stemware and candleholders too--they look so sparkly, like little jewels. Luvs

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Those placemats are the ticket. Gold, shiny, and BIG. I like big for placemats. That's why I've never really liked round placemats.

You have some great things for a Mardi Gras Table. I have been collecting pieces of junk (beads, plastic toys, a glittery top hat) a little at a time, for a couple of years now. Got some fabric this year - for either napkins or a tablecloth - not sure which I'm going to turn it into.

That's a good trick with the gold doilies. I'll probably have to steal that idea. Pretty smart thinking.

Nice to see you posting pictures. Do it one more time and you'll be a pro.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It looks great, Nana, lots of color and glam.

I do like round place mats as I have a round table. The rectangular ones always overlap.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Way to Go, Nana. So proud of you for conquering the photo posting!
    With my love of purple, Mardi Gras tables are definitely a hit with me. Yours turned out lovely!
    Had to chuckle at you saying Valentine's not packed yet but didn't slow you down. ;o)

I am jumping ahead to thinking about St Patrick's. I'll probably not do any decorating till Mar. 1st tho.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, love your Mardi Gras table. So pretty with all the colors. The gold pm, napkin rings, doilies and sherbets are so nice on this table. Lovely cp you found!

Your new salad plates are gorgeous. Those napkins are the prettiest color purple.

I'm tickled your posting pictures. It's not as big of a challange once you 'Just Do It'. As OA said, Do it one more time and you'll be a pro.

I still have some Valentines things to put away today at home too. We put all the Valentine decor away last night at the office. We started installing new computers and had to change out some phone displays last night. By the time I got home all I wanted to do is sleep. Must of went up the ladder to many times.

One of our computers needs to be exchanged. I might have to check out DT and find some masks so I can set a table if I head to the city this weekend. It was great to see yours and Kathleens MG ts.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Congrats on your solo posting from me too Nana!!
    I think we'll be see lots more from you now...good for you!

Such a festive table with such glitzy colors.
    Love the layering of the gold P/Mats -
    green chargers and touches of purple. Your sherberts and salad plates
    look so pretty and delicate. I wish my DT were
    closer to me....you picked up some nice MG finds.
    Great masks and beads and I like the added bling to your CP flowers.
    Bring on the FOOD and let the party begin!!

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Double the flavor, double the fun.... ahhh, I'm referring to your double pic...you did it, nana! Congrats! Will be looking forward to many more from you!

Your table looks very festive...the gold placemats are a great accessory for this Mardi Gras t'scape! And I esp love the flower plates (colors, shape & texture) & the RL flowers! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank You everyone, This was a fun table to do, the bright and glitzy Mardi Gras colors were the perfect to chase away my winter blues.
    I was really nervous posting, I had a headache by the time I was finished.
    I hope I have more confidence next time.
    Nana

Sponsored
Stalburg Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design and Interior Architecture Firm with 20+ years
More Discussions