Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Love Is In The Air

phonegirl
11 years ago

This is our DR decorated for Valentines Day this year. I used the card DGD started for her Mom & Dad for Valentines Day of her little hands and went from there. I'm sure you've already seen alot of this before. My sweet little Valentine cutouts I found last night I've had since the 70's or early 80's. Couldn't resist sharing them. Now I need to find the little oldies I have some where. Oh and the little jars w/hearts have been stashed in the shed for a couple of years but I went out and brought them in to use. I picked them up at a ys for .25ea. They still had the price tags of 4.25 on them.

Will have to post more later. Photobucket is not working that great this morning and I have to GO.

Punk

Comments (13)

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I want to be at your house. Love all that pink! The little hands card is priceless! Like how you have the jewels on the placemat. Especially love that you not only did the table but the buffet. Luvs

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

This is so sweet in more ways than one!!
    Like Luvs...I love all the pink! What inspiration using
    DGD's hand card..so precious..make sure she puts the date on it so no one forgets when it was made.
    That tablecloth is so pretty and those Sunday
    cups on ea place setting >> is a cute idea. I like how you did the napkins in ea glass..which makes it look so festive.
    Also, love the arrangement on you buffet and how you put the kissing angels on the books.
    I see TJ is all decked out looking festive too.
    The only thing I have to ask is >> Where's the Chocolate!! lol
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Love really is in the air with this festive table.
    The hand card your DGD made is just precious.
    I love that you chose to use pink too. It gives every thing a nice Spring feel.
    The pink beads on the white placemats are the perfect touch.
    Your buffet compliments the table so well. Those kissing Angels are sweet.
    TJ really looks happy to be part of the fun. Does she make suggestions?
    TFS, Punk. It gave me a lift looking at your delightful table.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Luvs, pack up DGD and come on over. Us girls would have a blast together.

Jane, the tablecloth is one of DGD's tops sheets. You ask where the chocolate is? I forgot the hugs and kisses. Was trying to decide if I should put them in the bowls or jars. Good idea on dating the card.

Nana, TJ is no help with suggestions.haha So glad you enjoyed this ts.

Here's a couple pics of the candy bowls on the buffet filled now. Thanks Jane. Thanks ladies for the comments.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

I love the "tablecloth" too. It's one of the first things that caught me eye. Every time I see or hear of a tablecloth made from a sheet, I think of my wedding reception and the tablecloth/sheets my mother made for the reception. They were flowered - as it was the flower child era!

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

I love the "tablecloth" too. It's one of the first things that caught my eye. Every time I see or hear of a tablecloth made from a sheet, I think of my wedding reception and the tablecloth/sheets my mother made for the reception. They were flowered - as it was the flower child era!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Thanks for the chocolates Punk !!
    Now I'm having a major 'chocolate fit' and all I have is
    chocolate chips for baking...oh well - better than nothing!

DGD's sheet was perfect for this setting.
    I've done that too along with shower curtains..
    Every now and then I find some pretty good buys on them.

Thanks again for the chocolate !!! lol
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OA, I remember the flower children!!! I remember DM using colored sheets under her crocheted tc alot growing up. What are you working on? I'm ready for some fun.

Jane, we always hand out hugs and kisses at work. It's fun to ask if someone wants a kiss or hug.LOL I still have a few shower curtains I haven't used on any ts... but one day I will. I'll bet when you move you will be so happy with all the extras.LOL I so miss all your beautiful decorations and ts.

Punk

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Punk...your t'cloth was the 1st thing that caught my eye, too! Perfect for this 'pretty in pink' table!! Great idea using top DGD's top sheet!

And look @all the candles! You always 'light up your decor!' ..pretty pinks & whites! Did you add the 'words' to the pillar candles? I have out the little girl I printed last yr for faux candle on my bathroom wall shelf...is fun to be able to change out the printed transparencies!

Those big cut out kitty & puppy valentines are so cute! I also just love the kissing angels on the stacked boxes/or books, whatever they are...great focal point on your buffet!

And the 'handprint' centerpc just melts my heart ...aahhh...am glad you used DGD's valentine! TJ looks pretty Valentine-y w/her heart tray'scape accessories & her cute pj's!

Well, you brought a smile to my morning! TFS, punk! Love it! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeanne, thanks. I was planning to go get DGD and
    finish her Valentine card this weekend. I came
    down with a horrible cold and sore throat yesterday
    so not sure we will finish it this year. DH had
    this and we bought some Zicam to get him through.
    I started using it last night and found a new friend!LOL
    What a fantastic little orange pill! I don't work
    for a drug company as you know but would be willing
    to do a wonderful commercial to promote this product.
    Amazing what quick relief it gives to a sore
    throat.

Glad you enjoyed the kissing angels. Because of
    yours, I share mine! There are so many things I
    have and buy now that I would never of thought
    to share if I wasn't seeing others before. I also
    have a princess & frog kissing that I'm not sure
    if I've shared. Will try to put it out with my
    St Paddy's decor.(Yes, me thinking outside the
    box again)

Those are stacking boxes that look like books from
    TJ Maxx that are normally in the other room. Needed
    something for the angels to stand on. I appreciate
    others comments. Some times we need to know our
    thinking is on track!

Thanks again,
    Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Super Sweet, and a big ol' "Ditto" on what the others all said.
    I still would LOVE to go thru that shed of yours! It has to be packed full with all sorts of neat 'treasures'!

I love whoever invented Hershey's Kisses by the way.
    I keep a bag on hand all the time, have one for dessert...after each meal. LOL.
    hugs, Karen

• kushy28
    11 years ago

Nice work.
    Appreciating each and every one who had their hand behind this work.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Karen, thanks for the sweet comments. Sorry I didn't get back here and comment before. Come on up and we'll go through that shed together! I'm planning on sending alot out this summer. I know I have alot of glasses that I will be keeping. Hopefully this will give me room to BUY MORE!haha

Kushy, love that name! Thanks for the sweet comments on this ts. It's always good to know others enjoy seeing what we share.

Punk

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions