Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

Over Load New Room!!

creekdweller
12 years ago

This is just a trial run. I am open to ALL suggestions. I have already made some changes. More to come if you can stand it.

Creek

Here is a link that might be useful: New Furniture to Me!

Comments (10)

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

I went, I saw, I drooled. You have some amazing family heirlooms. The picture of your parents on their first date is wonderful.

I see you are a kitty lover. Me too.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow! Love the bedroom set! So pretty. The kitties seem to like it too. Your Humpty Dumpty is adorable. So many wonderful things....I know you're doin' a happy dance!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Great find on the bedroom set! Love it! & it looks like it's been made to match your original bed! Humpty Dumpty called to me...what great heirlooms! Like how you chose 'yellow' for a cheerful add of 'color' to the room...& the bed quilt is beautiful, too! TFS your home! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ditto on what the others said, Creek. I posted under your photos in the album, so you'll have to read my comments there. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Creek, so happy you have your beautiful furniture all moved in. So many wonderful things to look at. Loved all of it and your babies are darling.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Wow! I love it. Looks perfect in your room.
    You have some wonderful heirlooms.
    It's nice that the cats like it too!
    Nana

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Wonderful new furniture and fabulous heirlooms.
    I'd add some greenery, either real or artificial, if you don't have a green thumb, LOL

How exciting for you. I like your little rocking chair. I have a small sewing rocker that belonged to my DGM's sister. She died in the 1918 Influenza Epidemic, so I never met her, but Grandma was thrilled that I wanted to keep the rocker. It has a drawer under the seat that will slide open from either side and has little spool holders built in. Many of my antiques are from family and that means a lot to me. I think it is so neat that your Humpty was made for you and that you still have it.

Keep us posted on your progress.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

creek...a couple of ideas since you were asking ...

I just love the old chairs & toys that were passed on & I see some on sitting on your blue carpet...I think it would be neat if you had a oval or circular rag rug or braided rug under them ...kind of to highlight them...you have such treasures!!!

And on that desk...if you're not using that desk daily, I would add an old coloring book or kids' picture book that you really like (lying open). I am so IMPRESSED with your crayola box...wow! ORGANIZED...all in rows!!! My crayola boxes NEVER looked like that! ;-)

I also cherish those passed on family treasures!! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Beautiful new Bedroom! Love the wood and the style.
    It's just perfect for your home along with all your wonderful heirloom/treasures!
    How special.
    It's so amazing to see what you still have and all in such great condition.
    Lucky fur babies seem to be enjoying it all! Hope they
    let you enjoy it too!! lol
    I'm so happy for you.
    jane

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

So fun that the kitties had to be part of the "decorating". They are so cute. Your new furniture looks great and like the others have said, it is so great that you have all those special treasures and can display them in your room. Luvs

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz
More Discussions