Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marylee_2010

OT - Karen - purplemoon

marylee_2010
13 years ago

Has anyone heard from Karen to know how she is doing? It is really hard to lose a parent. I sincerely hope she is recovering from her loss and will be back with us soon. My thoughts and prayers are with her. - Marylee

Comments (10)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

marylee...it's sweet of you to have concerns of Karen.
    I'm sure she'd be touched knowing this.
    She does leave a big 'hole' in our family here.

I heard from her over the weekend...
    She is coming along..going through and sorting out her Dad's things. This in itself must be so hard.
    I'm sure when she's ready, she'll be back with us again.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Yes, Marylee..the funeral is planned & her DD's obit was in the paper...for the end March...she shared that her DD served 30 yrs in the Air Force...another special veteran to thank for our freedoms. Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane and Jeanne - Thank you for answering my concerns. I was my mother's caregiver and when she passed away it was really terribly hard. Its been 5 years and I still miss her every day. I am glad Karen has family to help her during this time. - Marylee

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Marylee, Karen will be so happy to know your concerns for her. I just posted a link to share Karen's DD's obit. She is missed so much by all of us and I hope everyone will take time to read and post for her. She is such a caring person and so is everyone here so hope this will help.

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I've been wondering how she is doing also. Very hard to clear out his things so soon after. I didn't remove my hubby's things for months & couldn't have done it at 1st. The service for him may be difficult but it is also a time of getting to see many old friends & relatives. So I'm sure she could use a few words from us!!Prayers & hugs that it gets easier as time goes by. Give his dog a hug for me! Jan

• marylee_2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk - I read the obit. Beautiful readings on the guest book.
    Jan - I agree, family and friends will be a great comfort. - Marylee

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I just saw the posts on Dad's guest book. I am deeply touched and can't even tell you what it means to me.

hugs, Karen

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I'm still trying to adjust to my "new normal" but I'm doing ok for the most part. Jason took me to pick out the headstone today, and it wasn't a sad experience as I'd feared. I was very happy that we both really liked the same one, and I think its going to be a lovely one when done. One more hurtle down.
    Its been 2 weeks today...I miss him so very much. And I haven't had any interest in getting out shopping to favorite stores now that I can. But I will next week maybe.

I think I mentioned services are delayed so long as two of my kids had pre-planned vacations for the end of Feb and first part of March, and I saw no reason for them to change plans. Once we decided on March services, Jason asked if we could have it the 26th. That day will be the 10 yr "anniversary" of his being burned, the start of his new life!! He said it would mean a lot to him to have his grandparents buried on a day that we all carry in our hearts.
    And coincidently, the 26th seems to be a day that has touched our family numerous times!! Jason and Suzie were married on an Apr 26th, then Jason's wreck on a Mar 26th, followed that same year by the birth of one of my daughter's little girls on Sept 26th. All this made me realize that Dec 26th (1967) was the day I met my DH!
    Weird huh?

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Good to see you here, Purplemoon! Looks like the 26th was meant to be... a "chosen" day (for you all) in many ways! I was browsing the Inspiration Albums last night & saw the "Tablescapes" link & that you had been adding pics...thank you for all your hard work (again!) Thinking of you & yours...hugs, Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Gosh, I've heard that people have connections to special numbers. The monumental events in your life seem to indicate that that's true. You know, Karen, the picture that you took of your dad (at Christmas, I think) is such a great photo. Everything you've written about him comes through in that picture.

I'm glad to see you poking about here from time-to-time. We miss you so! Take care, OA

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions