Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Hint of Spring

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

This picture from my calender inspired this table

From 2013-02-02 (by Eye-Fi)

I kept the table very simple, using these sparkly daffodils from Big Lots to Hint at Spring. Oops, forgot to iron the table cloth.

From 2013-02-04 (by Eye-Fi)

The salad plates are purple, but appear black on my monitor.
So I used some scrap booking paper for a touch more purple.

I'm sure, using more purple and some bunnies, this could easily become an Easter table.

TFLookin
Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 10:10

Comments (10)

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

I love a table for two. Yours looks great.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

I can see why that calendar picture would inspire you Nana..
    Your table reflects the pretty color combination from it and
    I like the layering of color you did with your plates.
    Makes me sigh hoping for an early Spring.
    BTW...I don't see wrinkles on your TC !! lol
    jane

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, wonderful job recreating from your inspiration calendar picture. Love the bright yellow vase and leaf dishes. Neat the way the color reflects from the table on your stems. Are they iridescent or clear? The purple plates do look black on my montitor too. I would of thought the purple were plates too if you hadn't said differently. Great job and spring will be here soon.

Punk

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Beautiful calendar pic & a beautiful centerpc replica! The yellow & purple combo is beautiful tog ... thanks for that reminder of using 'scrapbook' paper ...looks great! The bright yellow leaves are very cool! Happy Spring table!!! Yes, some baby chicks running around here would make it into an Easter (which is early this yr) TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

What a cute table! I love the sunny yellow leaf bowls and your centerpiece looks just right too. The tablecloth is beautiful!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone.

Thanks OA, I planned to do this table for Ground Hog Day but...

Jane, I can't wait for Spring either, The tablecloth wasn't wrinkled, just creased along the fold lines.

Punk, I'm glad you like the table. The stems are iridescent.

Jeanne, Baby chicks would be really cute. I think I only have 2. Does that mean I have to go shopping? LOL

Marlene, I got those bowls In the clearance section at the grocery store 1/2 price yay.
    I'm so glad you are doing so well with your PT.
    Keep up the good work!

Thank you all again.

Nana

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

What a pretty calendar picture! And what a lovely recreation you did of it on your table. The colors are so soft. Nice job!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Karen
    I'm happy to see you posting again.
    Nana

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Very pretty, Nana. It does look like spring and would look great with a few extra touches for Easter. I'm getting anxious for spring here too!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Spring is just around the corner, Holiday-ers...hang in there! ;-) Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions