Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Ground Hog's Day!

Posted by party_music50 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 7:53

My favorite holiday of the year! No presents required, no special decorations, and by Feb 2 the absolute worst of the winter is behind us! I haven't checked on Phil's prediction yet... either way, there's lots more than 6 weeks of winter left for us! :p

Also wanted to show you something fun I put together yesterday for my BF.... just a quick pic... I need to get some matting material to finish it correctly, but wanted to see how it would look. He said he likes it and I didn't even have to ask!!! LOL!

PS: I took this pic with my new ipad and I have rotated it to be upright, but photobucket flipped it back and when I rotate and save it ends up posted upside-down. grrrrr!!!! I don't know why it can't deal with this photo!

This post was edited by party_music50 on Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 9:25

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Ground Hog's Day!

Happy Ground Hog's Day to you too
I don't know what Phil predicted either,
Love the picture even if it's upside down
Nana

o

well, I rotated the pic AGAIN and it keeps coming back upside-down. Maybe their "replace original file" function isn't working right! but I've re-done it about 10 times already, so I give up!

That's the cloth sack from a salt-cured Virginia ham he made last night! He's originally from VA and loves them, so I asked a long-time on-line friend if she could find one and mail it to me. It cost a lot, but was worth every penny. Especially considering that it also made 'art'! :O) It's perfect with the red wax pig that I bought in Williamsburg! :)

I think I'll frame up some other fabric food sacks for a theme... like a burlap rice bag, etc.... he'd like that!

o

Cute idea Party....I think a wall of framed burlap food sacks
would make a nice display. I've seen that in magazines and really
liked the look.
Well...looks like, according to Phil, we're in for a longer Winter...
Seems with or without Phil it's still the same time...lol
Although here in the NE, we're in for a pretty mild day...great for
Super Bowl ! Gooooo Denver....!!
jane

o

PM, love your cloth sack framed! Your red wax pig is
so cute hanging beside it. I have some of my DGM's
old flour sacks that I hope to do something with one
day. Keep this up and it might inspire me to get going!
However, with all my cabinets and hutches I don't have
alot of room to hang things in our kitchen and DR.hmmm

Jane, it's GO Seattle Seahawks here from MT!!!

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here