OT where is purplemoon?

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

Our Karen hasn't been posting..hope everything is okay

Nana

Comments (12)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Nana...I've noticed Karen's been MIA for a few days now.
    I was checking in this morning to see if she posted
    anything last night.

Karen...hope all is okay with you.

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, I too have missed Karen this past week. Hope she will be back soon.

Karen, remember we are here for you and we CARE!

Punk

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Karen posted on facebook this morning. I think she is ok, maybe just feeling a little down. It has been a hard year for her, but she is such a trooper, always there for each of us when we need a friend.I hope she realizes how special she is to all of us and that we are all sending lots of good vibes her way. Janet

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I'm sorry to worry any of you. I've been lurking, but just can't seem to post the past week. Losing the battle with depression lately. Its making me a less than fun person... not to mention a lousy friend! (I've been taking a few guilt trips over that.) There are ELEVEN friends of mine going thru really terrible things, and I've not been able to be supportive the way I should. I've just sort of withdrawn, and wishing I could go hibernate till I'm fit to be around.

But this shall pass, and hopefully soon.
    love you guys,
    Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen...
    Sorry to hear about your friends and how you've been feeling.
    There are times when we feel we can
    conquer the world and help everyone...
    and then there are times when 'everything' is overwhelming,
    and we just want to crawl into bed and sleep -
    (that's what I do) to cope.
    So right now, do what's best for you.
    Yes, this will pass and you'll be right back 'in the game' again.
    Take care of yourself and know we care too.
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

[[[Karen]]], I'm sorry things are overwhelming for you. It makes me sad that you are so depressed.
    Please take care of yourself and try to get as much rest as you can.
    You know that we care about you and are here for you.
    I know you will be your old self again soon and be Our #1 enabler.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Karen...I was reminded of those 'can't do things' this past week as I went to a funeral of a 'acquaintance thru-the-yrs friend; (of my very good friend) who lived nearly 10 mos after a stroke... in a wheelchair w/very little speech. She had just retired the yr before.

It is so difficult to live with some of life's monstrosity that 'stumbles' us (& often we 'fall') in our journey of life. I am sending good thoughts & prayer to you & your loved ones & your eleven friends. Hugs, Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Thanks for all the understanding. Especially when I don't even understand 'me'! LOL. I had to turn the ringers off the phones, for some reason that was just setting my teeth on edge. (we get quite a few sales, charity, and political calls and most are recorded so you can't even tell them to leave you alone!! Arrgghh). But I haven't wanted to talk or be social, or make the effort to do so which is unlike me. (oh, my kids can call me in case you're wondering...on my cell. I don't dare not be available in case of emergency or if they need something. Mr O can always pick up a phone too, even tho he says its seldom for him!! LOL)
    But I need to respond to posts even if I have nothing to offer interesting on my own at the moment. Hope everyone is thinking about St Patricks and will be sharing photos of it soon. I plan to do my bay window at least.

hugs, Karen

• Oakley
    12 years ago

Karen, I haven't been here in a couple of weeks, but I'm sorry to see you're not up to par. I'm assuming you're on meds, have you switched over to see if there's a better one for you?

Why is it so hard for them to make "happy pills?" lol

• yachter123
    12 years ago

Karen, I know Mr. Depression well, so hope you were able to kick his butt right out the door! He sure is the rudest, unwanted visitor & really hard to get rid of!

I also have not been around to be supportive either, too busy entertaining Mr. D myself!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Yacht, sorry he is at your place getting his kicks. I wanted him to leave, but not go to anyone I know. Fat chance of that happening tho. Quite a few of my friends are having such severe problems they can't help but get depressed. One here could lose his home, he's been out of work since last May and NO job prospects. Has used up his savings almost, so I don't know what he'll do. Plus like many of us here, is over 50 and has health issues (and now no insurance).
    2012 was supposed to be better, at least in my opinion... which doesn't seem to count for much!!

But I am so thankful we have each other here. You guys are my sunshine, or in my case MOONshine. Oh wait, that probably isn't a good anology. LOL. Or is it?
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Yachter, sorry to hear Mr D has been visiting you. Hope you will feel up to posting more soon. It has to be so darn hard to not be able to be up and around. Miss you!

Karen, that is terrible about your friend. Sure hope a job comes his way soon. I just got home from the play tonight. I had to take the back roads because there was a big accident that had closed the highway. Sad that it only takes a second to change our lives sometimes.

Sending hugs and prayers to all.

Punk