Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Valentine Table

phonegirl
13 years ago

Valentines Day came early for me this year. I'm so happy with my goodies to use on this table. I whined because alot of you had all these neat cutout plates and I didn't.

DD came through again and shopped way more than she should of for me. DH and Son does help pay the bill though. You know a Happy Wife, Happy Life...

I forgot to light the center candle till I had already snapped a few pictures. Red candle holders are gifts from last year.

I used DM crocheted hearts around some of my candles on this table. I've kept them and didn't know exactly what they were suppose to be used for. Added little angel and cherub.

This is my Childrens Cancer Research Fund crystal Butterfly ornament that hangs on the top center of the chandy.

This Breast Cancer Fund crystal ornament hangs in the center on the bottom of the chandy. I didn't have time to get a good shot of the ornament chandy with the ornaments hanging the right way.

The two larger stems are some of my Christmas presents this year. These pictures don't do justice for the lg stems. They are beautiful. Some day I will get into the photography part here.lol

Here's my new little heart plates w/cutouts like so many of you already have. I borrowed DGD little sundae ornaments that were on her Christmas tree for the centers on my plates.

The red plates are Gourmet Expressions, Great Red Room that are part of my Valentines Day gift from family. They have four heartlike designs in the centers. The underplates are Churchill. I'm still loving my new chargers and the place mats are part of my Christmas gifts.

The lighted display in the back on the right are part of my Valentine's Day gifts too.

The Mr and Mrs crystal heart pieces on this table are my Christmas Stocking holders. I am a big Cancer supporter, as I'm sure you all remember. DM was in charge of the local Cancer drive for years in our county and since she lost her life to cancer, I will always try to help find a cure.

Hope you enjoy this and let me know what needs tweaked.

Punk

Comments (14)

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

There is so much to study, I just want to sit right down and look! Your layers of plates are so pretty, and love the new glittery placemats. Your mother's crocheted hearts are just perfect for this table and how sweet.

Pat

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, Your Valentine's table is wonderful. It hard to pick a favorite thing. Using the Breast Cancer Crystal ornament and her crocheted hearts are the perfect way to honor your Mom. I love those chargers. The cutout plates are very pretty.
    I really enjoyed looking at your table. I don't think it needs tweaking at all.
    NanaK

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Wow! You put a lot of work into this one. I'd say you have Valentine's Day covered for the next 40 years.
    Love the hearts hanging from the chandi.

Tweaking? What for? It's lovely.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Love, love your new heart laced plates! They look so CUTE on your Val table! And what wonderful memories of your Mom...her pretty crocheted heart doily & the dedicated work she did for the cancer drives. Those are really precious ornaments. The chandi looks very festive for V-day!

The MR & MRS crystal pcs make good "nametags"...very pretty. I just LOVE, LOVE those red plates under the new lace plates ... the texture, color ...perfect for V-decor! TFS, punk. Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Okay I have lacy heart plate envy too. They are my favorite for sure. You are a very lucky girl to be so well gifted. Your new red plates are super duper, I don't have hardly any red anything. Those MR and MRS SH are perfect. This may be a record setting "heart" table. I have just got to find time to do something for Valentines.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a lovely Valentine's table! First off, just let me tell you that the tablecloth is wonderful! Your heart plates--so lacy and pretty, and I'm really loving your red plates too! You lucky woman you! How wonderful that your DD supports your dish desires! LOL Love the way you layered the plates, so pretty, and all the candles, candle rings, ornaments, just perfect. I have to go back and browse some more now.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

WOW,WOW,WOW!
    Now I have lacy dish plate envy!!
    The only thing that needs tweaking is my nose like Samantha on Bewitched, so I could POP into the room and see it IRL.
    I know from personal expereience, that the photos are never as good as the real thing, so as amazing as the pictures are, I KNOW the reality is just stunning!

This is all just perfect and you have layered the plates beautifully.
    I just love it all!!

Fantastic!

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Punk...what a pretty table you set and so festive too!
    I love how you layered your dishes. They all compliment each other so well. I have the heart plates too, but I must say, I LOVE yours. Their shape and size, is so much nicer. Cute tablecloth and napkins and your stems are just lovely. I'm sure your DGD will love this table and feel so proud that you used her little sunday ornaments.
    I don't want to forget about your Mom's crocheted heart doiles..how sweet that you used them...she's definitely smiling!!

jane

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Very pretty & festive. The white heart plates are perfect & the little sundae ornys are perfect on each plate.

Especially like your red flatware & the napkin holders too. You have alot of V Day decor, much more than I do!

Where did you find the ornies on your chandy, they are really neat too!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pat, I wish you could come over to sit with us and have a visit. Glad you enjoyed the plates, place mats and e. hearts.

Nana, glad you enjoyed seeing me honor DM. She left me so many things to use on my tables. I sure wish she could be here and play with me.

OA, this wasn't alot of work but sure was fun using my new dishes and things on it. I think it's easier if one has to much to use. Trying to figure out what to put on a ts can take alot of my time.haha

Jeanne, thanks for letting me know you think the MR & MRS worked for this table. Sometimes I think way outside the box wanting something different.

Frou, you have so many beautiful dishes and I hope you can find some of these open work dishes. I hope you will make a Valentine table. I love seeing ts.

Luvs, wish everyone was lucky enough to have a DD like mine who loves to shop. I think she may have inherited this from me.

Candy, you to need some of these dishes huh? I loved them the first time I seen them. I really need to work on taking pictures.

Jane, DGD will love this table. She always tells me she likes how I layer my plates. This cracks me up. What 5 yr old would even notice! I always tell her she's going to get all my dishes. The crochet things aren't really doilies. They are just a heart shape.

Yachter, the ornaments were from Target. They were donating to the Cancer Fund for every purchase on these swarovski crystal ornaments and stocking holders. Wish I would of kept the boxes but I threw them out at Christmas.

You are all so wonderful with your sweet comments on this table. You are the the best group of ladies ever. Reading all your comments sure warmed my day.(Smile) I was ready to do some tweaking. Will try to get some more of my decorations posted.

Punk

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

It's all been said but it's sooo BEAUTIFUL. Lots of hard work and fun!! tfs.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

VERY pretty...so many things to look at! Love them all, but any time you'd like to part with those red plates, I'd love to take them off of your hands! ;-D

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorie, so glad you took time to look and post. Thanks for the sweet comments.

Marlene, I'd love to send the red dishes your way but can't give one of my new gifts away yet.lol They came from Dillards if you have one close by you could go check them out. Thanks for looking and all your sweet comments too.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Punk, I'm a bit behind it seems. What a sweet table!! I think my favorite part is the addition of your little DGD's sundae cup ornaments. They are just perfect in your setting. Love your creativity and imagination!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz
More Discussions