Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Finished Valentine Decor & Dollbaby Ready for Val Day(pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Finished up tonight w/Val decor ...just in time for the Val Day tomorrow!

Table centerpc was inspired by one of Kathleen's recent t'scapes posted ... I used berry garland, bubble glass candleholder, TS plate & some glass red hearts, white candle:

Here's the left side of the buffet ... paper book, covered jar of buttons, boy/girl vase & napkins & rings made from silverware:

Here's a close-up of napkin rings that I bought at a specialty shop (on sale):

You saw the right side of the buffet & shelf w/roses pic yesterday ...so here's a full view pic tonight (poor lighting):

And I got that TS silver tea set out from last yr ...altho I just gave it a 'wipe' ...didn't polish it up today...still looks quite pretty, I think:

Dollbaby got some new clothes this past yr (from thrift shopping)...this is her new (old) red Val outfit & that's a hooded sweater hanging on her high-chair:

Pants & little shirt has flower motifs...just cute as a button...sorry the lighting is not so good tonight. Here's a closer view (with flash):

The Cupid doll is from my Mom's things...she hand-sewed the lil' red dress & panties for it.

Here's Dollbaby's TS new shoes (they still had tags on them)...so she's getting to wear her tennies for Val-day! ;-) And that's the new laminate floor you're seeing in the dining room:

Her tray-scape has a red doily I crocheted for a placemat...a little crystal cup & saucer plus the covered jar I just got last week at TS ...I filled it w/glass hearts...the lil' spoon is part of inherited silverware ...has lil' hearts on the handle:

Well, hope you've enjoyed ...I'll take some better pics of new floors during daylight. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

(& I got the china closet filled back up today with Jewel Tea Autumn Leaf china!) Yippee!

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL decor, Jeanne. Especially the crackled glass candleholder and the berry garland. Love it.
    And of course, Dollbaby looks precious as always.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your cp and buffet looks wonderful. Your tea setting, rose picture, red vase & jar, birds and berries what a beautiful setting.

Dollbaby's new outfit is darling and love those little shoes. So glad you showed a close up. Her tray with the red place mat, crystal cup & saucer and covered jar is so cute.

Everything is looking great. Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh, where do I start?
    The center piece is perfect.
    Those napkin rings are lovely, and the button jar is the best.
    I love the Tea Set. It looks wonderful with the silver birds and red vase and jar. The rose print is the perfect accent.
    Babydoll looks so sweet in her new outfit and shoes. It's wonderful that you still have your DM's cupid doll.
    The high chair tray looks cute all decked out for Valentines Day.
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nana...I don't think that cupid doll is real old or anything...don't know...but my Mom would buy dolls that needed 'dressing' & make clothes for them & take them to TX when they were Winter Texans in their retirement...to distribute to orphanages or hospitals or wherever needed. This is a doll she had given me when she was doing that. She did some simple things that gave simple pleasures to many.

Dollbaby now has here own little trunk of clothes & accessories since I was brought to this Holiday Forum! I thought this outfit was so cute with ruffles on the pant legs & the lil' flowered motifs...& I got it at my fave consignment shop! Shoes, too! Thanks, 'Holiday-ers,' for commentin'! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

I don't really think the present holiday (whatever that maybe at the time) is fully celebrated until I see Dollbaby in her latest attire. I love the fact that you have her and display her all the time.

My mother used to call me Dollbaby from time to time, and as a result, I called my children that and now call my grandchildren that.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne
    what a wonderful thing for you Mother to do!!
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers! Happy Val-Day (belated) ... but we'll celebrate the whole month, right!

nana...my Mom was also a quilter & loved it so she made hundreds of baby and/or lap quilts in retirement & did the same as with the dolls...she used a sewing machine for many & then hand stitched alot, too. Thank you...I didn't have an appreciation for everything she did at that time like I do now. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Gosh Jeanne...I'm sorry I'm late, but so glad I didn't miss this.
    Love all your beautiful Valentine touches and especialy seeing Dollbaby enjoying the holiday too!
    Your berry garland candleholder looks so pretty and your buffet in the background always looks lovely.
    Tea Set looks nice and shiney and with the red accents added makes a beautiful vignette.
    Dollbaby's new/old outfit is so cute - even her little shoes! Her little tray scape - even crocheted placemat is
    adorable. I have to say, my eye was drawn to her little cupie doll...I can't believe your Mom made that cute little outfit...how precious.
    I'm amazed you got this all done in such a short time.
    I'll bet you're releived your floor redo is over and now things are back to normal!
    I hope you're enjoying it all - I enjoyed looking!
    jane

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts
More Discussions