Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

pretty candy molds

Purplemoon
13 years ago

As soon as I saw these in my latest issue of Country Living, I thought of our kitchen queen, Mz Kathleen.

But aren't these beautiful candy molds. I went to the site they are sold on and they come in several sizes,

and aren't expensive.

Here's the Country Living page and how they did the candy in colors. And the site is there for the molds as well.

Enjoy.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: cameo candy

Comments (13)

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well the site doesn't give the instructions. So here is what the magazine pg said...
    "use a paintbrush to apply melted white chocolate onto the mold's portraiture details. Refrigerate for 5 min. before filling the rest of the mold with melted dark, or white chocolate dyed with food coloring. Let cool then release."

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

They are pretty..and I've seen them IRL.
    My SIL sells them in her Bakery..mostly ordered for Bridal Showers..They're a big hit. They have the cutest ones for Baby Showers too. I don't think I'd have the patience for the detail painting part, but I can see Kathleen whipping them up...lol

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, very pretty cameos. I can see Kathleen whipping them up too. DM always made candy with molds so I have a lg selection. I have paint brushes I use to make these.

Jane, they are pretty simple and fast to make if you throw them in the freezer between colors.

DGD and I made a Gingerbread cottage out of candy last Christmas and she mentioned we needed to make another one the other day. It was cute and she loved painting all the little details different colors. I told her we would do this again one of these days when she spends the night with us. Thanks for the reminder on this.

DD makes alot of these type candies for her DD preschool parties.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Punk, maybe you could make a little Valentine house with her! I remember trying to make candy in those little molds--none of mine turned out anywhere near as pretty as these, Karen. LOL

Luvs

• User
    13 years ago

Yrs back I made some ornaments with shell(scallop)shaped candy molds by using Plaster of Paris.
    I embedded a rounded-top hairpin with the top portion sticking out so that became a hanger, plus, the hairpin acted like re-bar and strengthened them.

Then I painted, used crackle painted, iced, foiled or glittered & used ribbon as a hanger.
    They were perfectly sized for a smaller tree,top of tree, bowls...and were really quite inexpensive to make,

Jim

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

These are very tempting for me also. Pink and blue chocolate, what could be better.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Those molds are so cute. I would never have the patience to do that!
    NanaK

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Those are pretty! I can see them being used in a tablescape.
    You girls give me way too much credit! I mean I would give it a try, but I am no means an artist.
    I think Luvs would be good at it! :)
    I may send for the molds though. I bought a lot of those melting discs and never got to them for Cmas!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Prediction for 2011:

I see candy cameos in Kathleen's future.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Those are really quite cool! But I'll have to pass!
    Kudos to you, kathleen, that you bought melting discs & still have them altho they were to be used at Christmas. I bought a bag of chocolate peanut butter ones in Oct cause thought g'kids might like to give it a try over Tksgvg weekend...but, alas, the PB discs got sampled & then the bag was gone before turkey day! Ummmm, NO willpower! LOL!

Thanks, PM, pretty cool! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

No will power here, J...just a bad memory! Forgot I had them!

OA, how do you do with stocks? :)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

What a lovely idea. They are too pretty to eat. I have a lot of candy molds but haven't used them in ages. I made the peppermint roses for my daughters' weddings. That was a major undertaking but everyone liked them.

The cameos are beautiful..I wonder if they make the same type of mold with teddy bears or eggs or bunnies or hearts. I think I will check this out. - Marylee

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I totally understand. ;o) No willpower here either. Things like that just keep calling my name until they are all gone! LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions