Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

New Birdhouse Centerpc & January Dollbaby

jeannespines
12 years ago

Ohhh, it doesn't seem like Jan...in 40's again today but cold is coming middle of the week they say. Anyway, Dollbaby lost her Christmas R&W & got into a little warmer corduroy jumpsuit! Here she is w/a raggedly snowman & her crocheted hat I made her last yr:

She's been enjoying the Kissing Angels up on the buffet beside her so I decided even tho Christmas is over, Angels are 'forever' so here's the little girl one from a GS this past summer in a glass cloche:

Here's her tray-scape...little plate & cup also a TS find this past yr...loved the detailed touch of grayish-green:

Used flash in this pic so may see the details better:

Been nice enough weather for DH to work in the shop w/o using too much heat ...last couple days he's been working on some barnwood birdhouses. I gave him a pic of one I had seen somewhere & he made it a bit taller & did a great job on it! I left it plain barnwood ...some red, some natural & added a coat of poly & the iron star. It will go in my gardens in the Spring but here it is on the porch for now:

{{gwi:129241}}

And here's where I decided to put it for Jan:

{{gwi:129243}}

If you wonder what that 'board' is beside the birdhouse, it's another of my 'Barnwood Blooms' creations! DH helps me w/drilling ...but I took some grinder blades & gears & whatever flea market stuff I find & made the flowers! The old rusty hinge was screwed on ...just because I loved it! And I added a couple pcs of 'driftwood' for bling! This will go in my gardens in the Spring, too! Here's a close-up of the flowers:

{{gwi:129240}}

Hoping to see some more on our Holiday Forum ...TFLookin! Jeanne S.

Comments (11)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Dollbaby is precious in her outfit and with her goodies...as always! (Teegan needs her Xmas outfit changed too, tho not sure to what since she'swardrobe "challenged" right now. LOL.) Dollbaby has great stuff.

I LOVE those barnwood birdhouses, you guys make such wonderful ones! Another reason I'd like to be your neighbor! Maybe your DH should make a tiny one for Dollbaby while he's at it. LOL.

Oh, and your barnwood blooms are definitely a favorite GJ thing of mine. So creative!

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Dollbaby is looking good again in her cozy corduroy outfit with her little cup & saucer.
    I remember when you got that sweet little angel...she's perfect sitting on Dollbaby's highchair!

Love the new birdhouse - great design and finish. I like the added star too. Your 'Barnwood Blooms' are so creative and unique looking....you've got to show us when you set it out in your garden.
    Jeanne...I think if we were neighbors, our DH's would get along real good...they both enjoy woodworking projects.
    Seems you and I always find lots of projects to keep them busy too!! lol
    jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, PM & jane...here's one place I sat the BBloom today out porch windows at bird waterer (where I have the Christmas tree from indoors set now) ...made a great backgrd!

{{gwi:140165}}

You two always have good ideas! I like 'em! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Ohhh Jeanne...just as I pictured - it looks FABULOUS out there !!
    All your little wildlife friends are so lucky to be surrounded by such lovely creations !!
    jane

• party_music50
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I LOVE your "barnwood blooms" creation!!! If you were around here I'd convince you to enter that in the annual 'recycled art' competition!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Dollbaby is looking pretty spiffy in her corduroy there! Love her snowman and the little angel in the cloche. Commented on Garden Junk about your Blooms and birdhouse...they are AWESOME!

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Oh I do love the birdhouse your DH made and the flowers. My husband was just saying this morning he needs to make a new Martin house and one new bluebird house - I want him to do a decorative one also for my back porch. Will you put that one out for the birds to actually use??

Dollbaby looks very happy with her snowman and her angel to keep her company :) .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers!
    Yup, the birdhse will actually be used in the Spring ... DH made partitions & Wrens usually use these!

party ...recycled art competition...that sounds like a HOOT!

marlene...thanks! I know I 'double-dipped' on old barnwood stuff! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, so glad you shared Dollbaby. Love her little angel and fancy cup & saucer. Her little hat and outfit match perfectly. Pretty cute little snowie she has too.

Love your new 'Barnwood ' and 'Barnwood Blooms'. You and DH make so many neat things. Your birdhouse looks nice sitting on the table. Almost seems a shame to put the flowers outside but it probably doesn't hurt them.

Your a creative one for sure and we love seeing all of it.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Dollbaby is a sweetie pie, and looks so cute in her corduroy jumpsuit.
    She always looks so happy with her new play things.
    I love your new bird house. I bet the wrens will love it too.
    Your' Barnwood Blooms' is fantastic.
    I am in awe of your and your DH's creativity!!
    TFS
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I've always loved how you could see "flowers" from the odd metal pieces you find. Really perfect for hanging on a fence or shed. The new birdhouse is great. I have a "three parter" that I picked up at a ts one time. I'll share pics when I get my new computer installed. Hate to download pics on this "temporary" computer because they may all get lost in the transition.

Dollbaby looks nice and cozy and well entertained with the angel and snowman. Perfect cup for some hot chocolate to drink too. Very cute!

Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions