Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

all the pretty tea cups

Purplemoon
13 years ago

If you like pretty teacups and saucers, or collect them,

you have got to see this gal's collection of 3-footed ones!

I don't think I've ever even noticed such a thing, but they are wonderful. I am always drawn to pretty cups and saucers when I go to the antique mall (never see any in my GW). But I make myself not buy them 99.9% of the time as I DO NOT NEED another collection. I think I have just 3 or 4....yes, I know, technically 3 or more is a collection.

LOL.

I think cups and saucers are so neat in holiday decorating and I'll use some for the Spring holidays if I can. Anyway, hope you enjoy seeing this collection of 3-footed tea cups as much as I did.

I'll stop on the blog stuff now, LOL.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: 3 footed tea cups

Comments (10)

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Beautiful tea cups - TFS ......

Lynne

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen - Those teacups are really pretty. I haven't seen a three footed teacup before. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Nice collection..
    I like how she got started after inheriting her Grandmother's collection. Now she's got quite a collection herself! I love toile, and was drawn to the 'Matchy Tea Set' with the pretty toile pattern.
    Like you ..I have a few of my own, but don't need to start a new collection!
    I enjoyed looking at this - thanks Karen.

jane

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen, I enjoyed looking at her collection. I have a few teacups as well. After looking at this post I realized one of mine is 3 legged. It is really pretty, it has a violets on it. I WILL NOT look for any more...that way it will be special!!!

NanaKaren

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Beautiful teacups...3 footed is new to me also...they are lovely...& I like her approach of "using" them! TFS, PM. Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I know the cups that sit up like on a pedestal are usually more expensive than the flat teacups, so I imagine the three footed ones are even more so.

I have collected over a dozen teacups and saucers mostly because they had pretty floral designs on them. Didn't really mean to start a collection, they were just too pretty to leave behind! LOL

Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Okay, I'll confess to another collection,(2 actually). About a third of the teacups were my grandmothers and another third from when I was a little girl. I haven't added to it in years, same with the cordial/shot glasses. I pulled out these two 3-legged ones and then I noticed there are two large ones in there with three legs also.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh WOW, frou! Beautiful collections! And displayed so nicely! That's really cool that you have "memories" with them!

I have 1 cup & saucer from my Mom which came from California from a Great-Gr Aunt (who I never met). It's very fancy like many of yours! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Nice tea cup collection Karen. I don't think I had paid attention to the footed ones before. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Frou, you have so many collections and they are all beautiful. How do you keep everything clean? I keep using different ones on my tables to help keep up.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Wonderful collection Frou, the cordials are pretty.
    Is that an eye wash cup I spied there?
    I love the tea cups.
    Isn't nice when memories come with our collections?
    NanaKaren

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions