Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

more Valentine decor on a blog

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Check out her pink mercury glass trees! so pretty. I can't believe she found them at Michaels. I haven't been there in MONTHS and keep seeing a lot of goodies I've missed being unable to shop. :o(

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: pnk mercury trees

Comments (11)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Gosh, I never would have thought to decorate so elaborately for Valentine's Day.
    I do put up a little tree made from a Birch Branch.
    This site gives me ideas, but since I'm probably the only one who will see it I'm not sure if I'll do more.
    I am working on a Valentine's Table though.
    The enablers keep enabling me. LOL
    NanaKaren

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I am absolutely amazed how the same DT and Michaels items show up in all these blogs and look so different depending on what they are paired up with - LOVE those pink mercury glass trees - TFSing yet another beautiful 'enabling' blog .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

All that Pink Mercury glass is calling my name and makes me want to get over to Michael's..sometime in between snow storms!
    She has lovely ideas and Valentine Touches.
    I don't usually go overboard but like doing touches here and there of Vintage Valentine. It's a nice departure from all the Winter things.
    Thanks Karen. I love seeing how others decorate for different holidays.

jane

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Before I came here, I had never thought to decorate for any holidays but Christmas! Much less do 'seasonal' decor on my porch and a few inside areas. But the Enablers on this Forum sure changed all that. Thankfully I was able to get stuff for Valentines and St Pat's, etc, at after season sales so I was off on my new adventures a few years ago. But it still amazes me to see someone do big decorating for some of the holidays, tho I love it. LOL.

NanaK, as for others' seeing what you do....well you know WE are all HERE to see and enjoy!! But seriously, most all my decorating is for my own enjoyment. My Mr Oblivious never notices, much less cares.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Very pretty! I don't have all that much for âÂÂ¥ day, and I really don't want to collect anymore. I am afraid I will end up on The Hoarders! :)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh boy, those pink mercury glass trees are calling me, too...& we don't have a Michaels! Sounds like she got them on clearance! Very cool! I think they would be outstanding just on their own! And the vintage postcards/graphics...lovely...those pink doilies she mounted them on looked really cute, too!

The red metal pitcher (or flowervase) with the roses/decor sure looked Valentine-y on her table! Like that idea alot! And the garland in the black wrought iron chandy looked great! Wow, what fun!

I've picked up a few things here & there lately TS'ing ...it is fun to be "enabled" & to be an "enabler" here! Thanks, PM! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I liked what she had done too. I need to get motivated to drag out my cherubs and such. One nice thing about Valentines is that the colors go well with my plates above the buffet! LOL

I go to Michael's pretty much every week when I drop off my neighbors mail to be sent to them in Oregon--I sure didn't see any pretty trees like those. I don't think I've ever seen mercury glass in pink before!

Thanks for sharing this site with us Karen.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the blog links.
    I counted my Cherubs while ago, and have 9 (and this isn't including my Mikasa ones that only come out for Christmas).
    I better not buy any more. LOL

Luvs, last year I found pink mercury candleholders when I was at Home Goods and used them for Easter stuff. This isn't a good photo of their color, but here they are...
    {{gwi:1407369}}

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Gee Karen, I wish I left that part out about me being the only one seeing what Valentines decorating I might do. I was really missing my husband just then and it spilled over. Sorry.
    Coming here is a bright spot in my day.
    I look forward to seeing what everyone is doing.
    Not to mention being part of Enablers R Us LOL.
    NanaKaren

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

NanaK, there is absolutely no reason to be sorry, and sometimes things need to spill over! You know we are all here to share in good times and bad. I'm so glad this place is a bright spot for you, and I'm very sorry about your husband. I imagine holidays can be terribly difficult to get thru. I do hope we can help you enjoy decorating again.
    Having some 'color' in our lives is a good thing.
    :o)
    hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

The best thing on that blog is the mention of "The Graphic Fairy" it is a fantastic site, I've already printed hydrangas, Easter chicks and roosters. Be sure and check it out.
    Frou

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia
More Discussions