Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Western Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

The National Western Stock Show is currently in town, so it gave me an excuse to create a table with a western theme. (It also gives me a reason to wear all my cowgirl boots!)

The place settings using blue tin spatterware and bandannas as napkins.

The Candy Shot, (that still makes me giggle!)

The centerpiece is a blue tin spatterware coffee pot and 2 cowboy statues I borrowed from DH's office along with some sunflowers and a votive candle in a small spatterware cup.

Except for the cowboy statues, and the brass candlesticks in the back, everything on the table consists of treasures from various TS's.

Yee Haw,

Candy

Comments (15)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Cute table Candy. Makes me want to sit a spell and have some grub!
    The colors really 'pop' on this one especially with those sunflowers. I like your splatterware dishes and coffee pot. DH's cowboy statues are great accents too.
    Enjoy the Western Stock Show...and have fun wearing your boots!

jane

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Cute table Cowgirl! So bright and cheerful with all your colors. DH cowboy statues and your spatterware are pefect on this table. I always enjoy seeing checkered tc and place mats.

Hope you boot scoot over and enjoy the National Western Stock Show. Do they have all kinds of vendors attend? We have never set up at this but they always ask us.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Oh I'd love to go to that Stock Show with you. (I miss my boots, and days of being a cowgirl.)

Really cute table, and those cowboy statues are wonderful!
    hugs, Karen

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Totally Cute!! You could do this again in November for American Royal Week. Love those statues.

Pat

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Pretty fancy stuff for the chuck wagon! Do you usually pack all that stuff on a cattle drive?

Now, I have to ask, besides showing off your best stock, what else happens at the show?

And what's American Royal Week?

Oh, I almost forgot to say that I LOVE the placemats. Did you make those? Hard to do those corners, I bet.

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Ok, Here's probably more info than anyone wanted.... sorry to hijack your post Candy, but it just fit right in, with the BBQ looking table, sunflowers and all. Perfect!The BBQ contest is a great opportunity to stroll, eat BBQ samples, lick your fingers, and have fun. Around here, if you can say you competed in the BBQ contest, you are somethin' .

The American Royal began as a cattle show in 1899 in the Kansas City Stockyards. The first American Royal horse show was added in 1907, and has grown to include five shows (Quarter Horse, Hunter-Jumper Horse, Arabian Horses, American Saddlebred and a 4-H show).

The American Royal is an annual eight-week season of barbecue competition, rodeos, parades, livestock shows, equestrian events and agricultural activities benefiting youth and education. The American Royal, one of Kansas City�s premier fall events hosts the world�s largest barbecue contest, one of the Midwest�s largest livestock exhibitions, one of the top five ranked rodeos in the nation and is home of the national championship horse competition.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

CC, What a fun table!!
    So bright and colorful
    Looks like a warm sunny Spring day
    The cowboy statues are perfect.
    I wondered if you made the placemats also.
    The blue handled flatware is cool.
    NanaKaren

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I'm LOL w/you, candy...on the "candyshot!" ...love it!

Cute table...fun to see the blue tin splatterware & cute bandanas! Yes-sir-ree...your linens are mighty fine for this western shindig! Bring on the chow! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Pat,
    Thanks for the info.
    OA

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Ditto on what everyone said. I always love the theme tables, but can never just think up one on my own. Great napkin rings.
    Frou

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane,
    I enjoy wearing the boots, but haven't been to the Stock Show in many years. Once you've been to one rodeo.....
    Punk,
    Yes, there are lots of vendors, but the majority have some association with western wear, saddles, boots, tack, hats, and a variety of crafts and arts. Not everything is western though.
    Karen,
    I own several pairs of boots, but usually only wear them at Stock Show time. Not a real cowgirl, just like the duds, LOL.
    Pat & OA,
    The American Royal Show sounds very similar to the NW Stock Show here. There are a number of different equestrian events, several rodeos, a Mexican Rodeo, the livestock exhibits, the Junior Livestock Auction which is a very large fundraiser for young people's college tuition, and most local elementary schools schedule field trips to the livestock exhibits.
    I did not make the placemats. They were from a local thrift store. The reverse side is just the blue/white gingham and I got 8 of them for less than $5. The chambray on the corners is mitered just like a picture frame.
    Nana,
    It is far from warm sunny days around here. We had very strong winds today and it was only in the 40's. : (
    Jeanne,
    How about a little cowboy stew and sheepherders bread?
    Or, chili and cornbread, or BBQ as Pat said. I must be hungry, LOL
    Frou,
    Those napkin rings are just mini grapevine wreaths from a TS. I figured Barbed Wire would be too hard on the napkins, HA HA.

Happy Trails,
    Candy

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Candy, what a fun table! I love the blue spatterware dishes. I have one piece of spatterware that my husband got years ago, don't remember where now, and I wish I could find some more. The yellow flowers are the perfect touch.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Ladypat, your description of the Royal brought back memories for me of how my brother always got to go with the FFA group from school each year--I never got to go and I really wanted to see all the horses! LOL

Punk, you found those neat plates at the TS? I love them and they look so good on the checked placemats. The figurines are really neat too--they look like they are made of metal.

Really cute table--now I'm thinking about some chili.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

DG and Luvs, All of my spatterware pieces have come from thrift stores. I have several more plates, but only needed 4 for this table. I need one more cup as I used the small one for the votive candle and so only had 3 cups on the table.

The figurines are by Garmin who used to have a studio in Colorado Springs, and they are a cast resin type of material, but look like old bronze.

TTFN,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Great table, casual and fun!

Sponsored
More Discussions