Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Dining Room changes a bit after Christmas

jeannespines
10 years ago

Well, Photobucket is not opening tonight ...very slow & I was going to create a new album for 2014 ...so I'll just share a few pics tonight (on the comments) & try again tomorrow w/PB.

Changed the dining room a bit ... Dollbaby got her snowman iceskater on his belly back & also some thrift shop plate & cup (separate purchases). She is still in her fur trimmed sweater outfit w/gold specks ... looks so nice & Wintery!

The tea candle are ones my friend found on Amazon ...finally a tea candle w/a timer! So I ordered myself a box ... they are LED lights so not quite the 'warm glow' but more bright.

Hope you enjoy Dollbaby! ~~Jeanne

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a close-up of her tray'scape ... the doily is actually for taper candles & the silverware are Oneida. She is a classy lil' gal who likes wearing my baby bootie shoes!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, Photobucket is working for me now...here's a couple more...close-up:

& I tried a 'candy' shot! LOL!

Above the sliding glass doors I have left my Winter Frost wine glasses display along w/some crystal pieces ... but here is my new 'polar bear' w/the glass pine tree ~~that's the motif used inside the bowls of my Pflatzgraff Winter Frost dishes ~~ I added 5 of those little timer candles for illumination @ nite ...you can see one here but you can't see it normally ...I stood on a chair for this pic:

& on the counter top ledge in the dining area is this 'felt needlepoint' candle from a good friend a couple yrs ago ~~ cool, isn't it ... & these bird coasters were a Christmas gift this yr:

I didn't change out the buffet much ...but added this pitcher & bowls ~~

Left the reindeer & the vine tree (which gets it's Valentine decor next month):

And here's a full view of the buffet top:

Kind of woodsy looking ... still my style. ;-) Ok, that's probably plenty of pics in this comment. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

...and the last pics for this post ... above the buffet is that walnut shelf you have all seen many times that hubby made for me ... well, this framed work is called "An April Storm" by Robert Duncan. When I lost my Mom several yrs ago this was a print I saw in a shop & had it framed. I just loved it @first sight ...it reminded me of days @the farm of my Aunt & Uncle.

I change out the framed works on this shelf all thru the year but this stays for Christmas & the Winter. One of my daughters gave me these sweet little etched shot glasses (in diff colors) for Christmas ...she said she thought I could use them w/Dollbaby. Anyway, they say 'Made in Japan' & she found them in an antique shop...so they have joined my 'sheep' on the shelf:

Winter is definitely still going to be around here in Iowa! So hoping you are staying warm wherever you are right now in Jan. TFLookin'! ~~Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Those little sheep with the wonderful painting are delightful.
    I really, really like them with it. And your new little polar bear is also very cute. Those cardinal coasters sure are pretty!
    Of course I always love Dollbaby....her winter outfit is one of my very favorites of her's. She never fails to make me smile.

Keeping you in heart and prayers, Jeanne. Always have, always will.
    love, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, your DR looks wonderful with all the winter
    decor out. Dollbaby and tray is so cute. Love the
    Candy shot!

The polar bear is perfect up there. Beautiful coasters
    and love your 'felt needlepoint' candle from a friend
    with them. Wow, that's a cool pitcher and bowl set.
    Beautiful buffet all decorated for winter on your runner
    that looks like a bed of snow.

How fun to get new cool glasses for Dollbaby's tray. I
    love your picture! That's what it looks like here right
    now. We always had sheep growing up for 4-H as well
    as horses and cattle. We also had some chickens and
    a border collie. This could be a shot of me in the past.LOL
    Any way, makes me smile seeing all the woolies, glasses
    and picture on your shelf. Beautiful!

Take Care and stay safe,
    Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

punk ...you should Google 'Robert Duncan' ... he does lots of cool paintings! I love his style ... now that is a surprise ...I think of you as a 'cheerleader' ...not on a ranch or farm as a girl. ;-) Thanks!

purplemoon ... I found one of those sheep @a specialty store which are always fun to shop, but expensive...so I bought just one (several yrs ago) & then I come across the other in a thrift shop! I like them, too. & thank you. ~~hugs, Jeanne s.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne...your Winter Changes are so warm and cozy looking
    Makes me want drop by for some hot cocoa!
    Doll baby looks so sweet in her Winter finery....she sure is a lucky little one with such a beautiful wardrobe and accessories to match! Love her new little tray ....and her little snow companion Is adorable. I've got to check into the tea lights w/timer...that is so cool.
    I would try to paint the tips with some sort of soft color to tone down the
    brightness of the led ...maybe even try a dab of nail polish ...I always love seeing your Winter farm scene and like the look of the sheep along side it,.....so peaceful looking.
    Jeanne I know many of us are shivering with these awful Winter temps, but
    Warm Up after seeing your lovely home....Once again....I loved looking...
    jane

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Your doll baby looks so cute in her winter wear and your wooly sheep look wonderful continuing the theme of the the print. I like the rustic theme of your buffet top, too. You've achieved a very nice transition from holiday to winter decor.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Dollbaby is ready for all of those frigid days you've been having! Love the snowman and good to hear that they finally have tea lights with timers!

Love your polar bears! Love your painting and the sheep with it. And your gold deer is lovely too. I think you have everything ready for the rest of winter!

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Love the changes you made to your Dining room for winter. I always like seeing the sheep painting, although it makes be want to shiver. brrr. The little sheep are perfect with it.
    Doll baby looks adorable as always. she looks happy with the snowman on her tray.

Thanks for sharing.

Has the date for your surgery been scheduled?
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers ... appreciate your comments.
    Winter is here to stay for awhile so might as well enjoy some beautiful Winter decor indoors, uh.

I enjoy Dollbaby (can't believe it!) ...she has small trunk of her own used as a side table by my living room chair. Plus she has a 12x12 canvas box plus 1 small drawer of the buffet for dishes (which of course has overflowed) LOL!

nana...my surgery is soon ... the middle of the month. Thanks, everyone. ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, oh my I love most of what 'Robert Duncan' has! Thanks, will be keeping my eye on them. So many of the snowy ones remind me of my childhood. He even has a print of a WY gal.

I spent my younger years in WY, 50 miles from town on a lg ranch. BTW, us kids just sold our land in WY to our uncle last year.

My parents moved to MT when I was in grade school and bought a farm with just over 100 acres. Through the years they puchased more land and ended up with over 200 acres. We've sold about half of this. We still have the home and outbuildings too.

There wasn't to many animals we didn't have through the years with 6 kids in our family. My parents brought quarter horses up from WY when we moved.

My mom retired from the postal service and dad retired as road forman from the county. The 80 head of cattle was the other main income for our family.

I remember having over 100 cats at one time.haha Of course they were all outside cats and we always had milk cows with plenty of milk for them! I didn't become a cheerleader until I entered junior high.LOL

Wow, hope your up to alot of reading! Probably just told you more than you wanted to know. Will get off here and get to work now.

Stay warm and safe. Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

punk ... I am glad you like Robert Duncan prints! Cool!
    & TFS your childhood memories ...loved! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions