Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Snowflakes Keep Falling On My Head

phonegirl
13 years ago

Set this table for DD's BDay tomorrow. She had given me the 3 snowflake bowls a few years ago so I used them as a cp. She also gave me this set of plates and the s & p for my tables. Should I tweak before she sees it?

Opps, I see I need to go put some napkins on.

Punk

Comments (19)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Now let me get this straight. That cute snowman centerpiece is actually made with three upside down bowls??
    How did you ever come up with that?

Are the red table runners actually little banners? Can't tell, but I like their snowflakes.

I can't see that the setting needs any tweaking. It's too cute already!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I absolutely agree with every word OA just said....
    every single word!

hugs, Karen

• karenmo
    13 years ago

That is amazing! How did you find just the right snowman head to fit the bowls???? SO clever!!!

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I love everything about this table. The cp Santa/bowls is just the cutest - what a very clever idea. Love the wine glasses and dishes. Enjoy your dinner with your DD - I am sure she will be pleased and enjoy it very much .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Cute table Punk..and a Happy Birthday to DD!
    You've got me wondering like everyone else here..how did you put the CP together? Are they 3 bowls that 'nest' inside each other and you stacked them on top of ea other upside down? Very clever...and how did you get a snowman head to fit on top..is it a Cookie Jar Top?...I know...I know...lots of ques..but you really have me curious. Those snowflake plates are cute and love the S&Ps. I don't see any tweaking needed.
    I'm sure DD will enjoy this...lucky Birthday Gal!

jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OA, I have never used these bowls and remembered they had snowflakes on them. So dug them out to see if I could use them on this table. As I was taking them out of the box I had an "OA" moment and tried it!

I used 4 place mats and two table runners on my table. Needed 6 so had to come up with an alternative plan. I turned the place mats the other way so I could use them with the table runners.

Karen, thanks, your so funny.

Karenmo, I was lucky when I tried setting this votive holder on top, it fit. I thought the bowls looked like a hat but didn't have time to make a big pom pom on top.

Lynne, hope your right and DD enjoys this table.

Jane, I thought you would say "It's You" again.lol I will take it apart and post a picture for all of you.

Thanks for all of your fast comments on this table. I love sharing tables but wonder sometimes if mine are worthy of posting on here with all of your beautiful ones.

As you all know I lead a fast and furious life most of the time. Don't have enough hours in my days to plan a tablescape so fly by the seat of my pants when setting tables.

My dish collection has grown to great heights, being here with all you enablers and DD and I love it.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I am just so impressed with your CP, Punk, talk about "thinking outside the box" that was such a creative idea. The snowflake plates are neat and I love your cute salt/peppers too. You do great tables and they are so fun and full of surprises sometimes--don't stop!

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Punk...This Table 'IS YOU'!!
    First of all thanks for the 'demo'. You really created such a fun CP with your Fast & Furious thinking..lol
    ..also, as far as your tables not being worthy of showing -Man..Oh..Man..you've steadily moved ahead in the class! This table is a perfect example of how creative you are, not to mention just plain darn fun! What's amazing, as you state...
    'I lead a fast and furious life most of the time. Don't have enough hours in my days to plan a tablescape so fly by the seat of my pants when setting tables..
    You 'Blow Us Away' with HOW FAST you come up with very creative tables, and it's clear that besides us enjoying them, YOU are having fun doing them and I was picturing you with a big smile as you put together this one!
    I think it's great 'Unwinding Therapy'. It's a good thing ALL of us don't live close to each other, I think
    we'd ALL 'combust'!
    jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Wow, another great tablescape. I can't believe you never used those bowls, being that they are so darn cute. The red, green and blue in the centerpiece really ties it all together. I love the snowflake plates too. I think your dish collection is growing to rival OA.
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, What a FUN,FUN table!!! It was a great idea to stack the bowls for a centerpiece!! Turning the place mats to make a runner was brilliant. The salt and pepper shakers are adorable. I sure I forgot to mention something, But I do love it... Other than napkins it doesn't need a thing.
    May I borrow those pretty plates sometime?
    By the way, what's for dinner?
    NanaKaren

• creekdweller
    13 years ago

Punk,
    Absolutely stunning! You have to have imagination to achieve beauty. You got it, go go go.....

Can't imagine a cuter snowman.. Great job, as well as the table setting!

If Flying by the seat of your pants, is the way you go, I need to get some better pants! LOL

Creek

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Your table is really neat. I love your center piece. That was very creative. I see bowls and you see a snowman!
    That is wonderful!

Marylee

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

punk...I just LOVE, LOVE what you did with those CUTE, CUTE bowls! And the Snowman candleholder is JUST PERFECT for the head! But those bowls, wow, they are so CUTE...I think I love them because of their "quilt-like" design! Very original centerpc! WOW!

Also like your snowflake & pine tree stemware on this table...perfect for the 'scape! All the diff snowmen pcs on the table look great...& of course, candlelight!

You are amazing, woman...so I hope you always share ALL your t'scapes & vignettes! Hope your DD had a good b'day...TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You are just too clever for your own good! What a great idea with the bowls...I would never have thought of that! Such a cute table all around. Love the light bulb S&P set too! I'm sure your DD will love the table...and the company!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOL at Creek's comment...
    "If Flying by the seat of your pants, is the way you go, I need to get some better pants! LOL"
    (Jane, get the bus and take some of us pants shopping!)

Punk,your tables are MORE than worthy of sharing...they are fun, beautiful, interesting, and most of all, you INSPIRE us constantly.

hugs, Karen

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Punk, I think your table is fabulous and I wouldn't change a thing! Great idea to use to bowls!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, you ladies are out in full force on this table.

Luvs, thanks, I come up with surprises by pulling out some more things I haven't used before on my tables. I surprise myself at times too.lol

Jane, being here is 'Unwinding Therapy' for sure. You are all so fun and witty.

Frou, glad you like the bowls. They are back in their box so who knows when I'll pull them out again. I have way to many goodies around here.

Nana, you can borrow these dishes anytime. Come on over and get them tomorrow if you'd like... We had Shrimp Scampi With Pasta Alfredo.

Creek, maybe my DD could buy some pants for you. She buys most of mine. Should I ask her?lol

Marylee, glad you enjoyed seeing my table.

Jeanne, I liked the quilted look on the bowls too.

Marlene, good to see you here again.

Karen, I laughed so hard reading Creek's comments too.

Dream, it's good to have you here posting too.

Thanks much, all of you sweet ladies, for taking time to post comments on this table. You made me Laugh and Smile.

Punk

• jaybird
    13 years ago

That is a really cute table.....
    You need to come to Texas! DH's family is all gathering Saturday for "Christmas" and I have been trying to decorate with greenery and snowflakes....yikes....it is a brain strain!!
    Thanks for posting!!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Well everybody has pretty much said all there is to say about this table. Cute, clever, creative, coordinated, that's enough alliteration for now, but you get the idea.
    We all like your table and applaud your sense of design.

Imagine what you could do if you had time to plan, LOL.
    Just kidding as it is perfect the way it is.

TFS,
    Candy

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions