Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Icy Decor

christmascandy
11 years ago

I used some silver lighted branches (50% off at Big Lots after Christmas), some LED branches from Marshalls, and some plain silver branches in a clear cylinder vase from HG. Then I added some snowmen nutcrackers and snowmen figures in a vignette on the piano.

I also set a silver, white, and blue table but I like Punks a lot better.

The china is my 43 yr old wedding china, and the silver candleabra, lg. silver candlesticks, and flatware are all TS. The crystal goblets were from TJ Maxx many yrs ago.

The tablecloth is heirloom and the napkins are TS. The napkin rings were 80% off at HL after Christmas. The silver placemats were clearance at HG several yrs ago, and the silver chargers were TS.

The candles were all TS as were the silver beads hung on the chandy and on the table.

TTFN,
Candy

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Beautiful china, Candy! And the winter table! I love that kind of "blues"! The way you used beads on it and the chandy is really neat. I've become quite a fan of seeing beads used in decorating. (Probably because I love pearls instead of diamonds, LOL)

A table that pretty should NOT get messed up with food.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

I love your branch arrangement, Candy. It looks wonderful with the snowmen and nutcrackers and your family photos.
    Your table is lovely. I love elegant simplicity of your wedding china. It is perfect with the silver chargers and placemats.
    The tall blue candlesticks look so stately in the silver candle holders.
    The silver beads and icicles hanging from the chandelier and the beads draped on the table are perfect.
    You really got an Icy look. Perfect for this time of year.
    TFS
    Nana

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

'Icy' it is Candy !!
    Beautiful table arrangement with your lovely Wedding China! You added all the right elements with those placemats/chargers and napkin rings! Also I love how the
    blue candles add the right touch of color and of course
    the silver/crystal and bead accents > just lovely!
    Your silvery lighted arrangement in the crystal vase looks so lovely too and the snowmen and pictures surrounding it
    is a nice touch!
    You gals make 'Winter' look so pretty inside..but IRL... it's
    way to cold to enjoy outside !!
    jane

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Yes, it's way.y.yyy too COLD outside -15 or so overnite!) ...so I am lovin' these Winter t'scapes inside! Your china is beautiful, candy ...& those placemats are perfect for this t'scape! Beautiful linens & those snowflake napkin rings work perfectly!

Your piano arrangement looks 'icy' ...love the framed pics underneath & the Winter decor! Very pretty ...TFS!
    Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Those napkin rings are wonderful! Perfect now and maybe for a New Year's tablescape too. Lovely wedding china, and what great candle holders you have found. It all looks perfect! I keep seeing those lighted branches, may have to break down and buy some one of these days. Luvs

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, love seeing your lighted branches and snowmen. They go together so well. Must be some of the cute gkids
    w/Santa huh? You are so lucky to have a lg family. Great minds thinking alike again with blue and silver ts.haha
    Gorgeous table. What are your place mats made out of? Look like they could be pewter. I sure like them with your
    dishes, linnens and everything! Your napkin rings remind me of Nana's.Stunning Sure
    wish I could get lucky and find a candleabra at a ts like yours!

Forty three years huh? This will be our 40th in Dec. We
    have some friends who will be celebrating 50 in May so will
    need help coming up with ideas. I have two pair of her gold
    sparkling high heels that I thought I would lay a rose on and
    maybe use beside the cake. She still has her wedding cake
    topper so will use that to top the cake.

Keep playing and sharing. We love it.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Karen, no problem messing it up, I already changed it to Valentine's Day, LOL

Nana, I really like the branches, but I haven't figured out a way to hide the battery controls. They are just tucked in to the center of the arrangement right now, because only one set has a timer. The other set needs to turned off and on so I need to have access to the switch.

Jane, I am so glad I chose that pattern of china all those years ago, because it goes with anything and has never really gone out of style.

Jeanne, it has been warm enough here for me to get out and play golf, but it really cooled down this afternoon, got very cloudy and chilly out!! Brrr, I had to make a cup of cocoa at the cocoa bar, LOL

Luvs, the 2 candleabras on either side of the center one were at GdWl a couple of yrs ago, brand new in the boxes and 50% off because of the color tag!! So, I got 2 for the price of one, score!!!

Punk, yes, those are 3 of the DGK's a few yrs ago. The oldest DGS in that photo is now 6'3" and only 14 yrs old! He is projected to end up about 6'8" by the time he is grown!! My first DH (his Grandpa)was 6'7", and his Dad is about 6'4" so all of them will probably be tall.
    The placemats are silver vinyl poinsettias and the chargers are silver plastic.
    Yes, it was 43 yrs ago this coming July for my first wedding. That marriage lasted for 27 yrs and I am coming up on 13 yrs with DH #2!

I used to think people who had been married for 50 yrs were ancient! My perspective on that has changed, LOL.

Thanks everybody!

Now back to watching the super bowl for the commercials since the Broncos didn't make it! :( LOL

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, fun to see those little ones grow up. Our DS is 6'2" and I can remember when he was about that age I couldn't keep him in pants that were long enough.LOL Bet his mom is going to go down that a road too.

I would of never guessed the placemats were vinyl. They look great. I got my Valentine decor up today too. Not fancy but found some of my old cutouts tonight from back in the 70's so that was fun. I still have some of the old little valentines but not sure where they are and to lazy to look hard enough to find them. Will try to get pictures posted this coming week.

"I used to think people who had been married for 50 yrs were ancient! My perspective on that has changed, LOL." ya, right huh!LOL

Punk

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert
More Discussions